Sony released firmware 2.26 for the PS5 a couple days ago. And, although that firmware comes with the typical but elusive “This system software update improves system performance”, it doesn’t seem to fix everybody’s issues.

The PS5 has had a massively successful launch according to Sony, and every new batch sells out almost instantly on many retailers. Despite this success, some users have been seeing issues with the console, from annoying coil/fan noises, storage issues, graphical glitches, to experience-breaking crashes.
It’s unclear if any of the firmware updates released recently (2.25 and 2.26) are helping with these issues. This thread on reddit shows that at least some people are still getting crashes on pretty much all games with error CE-108255-1 (side note: this error might get solved for you by booting the console in safe mode and selecting “rebuild database”).
I’ve personally experienced a handful of problems with the console refusing to wake from sleep mode (or, in other words, crashing instantly when awaken from sleep mode, then having to turn it on a second time), but no other game breaking experience. I do feel the updates have helped it for me (specifically, I haven’t had the issue since I updated to 2.25) but that might just be random luck.
In addition to its very generic “performance improvement”, firmware 2.26 brings the following welcome fixes:

• An issue where installed disc versions of games were sometimes deleted was resolved.
  • An issue that prevented the PS5 wireless controller from being charged while in rest mode when connected to the PS5’s front side USB Type-A port using the USB cable included with some PS5 consoles was resolved.

PS5: A second firmware update on its launch month, doesn't seem to fix users' issues - Wololo.net