Thread: PSP won't turn on (details inside)

Exclamation PSP won't turn on (details inside)

I just got a fat PSP (seems to be a TA-8X one) that when you turn it on, only the green light shows up and after a few seconds, it turns back off. The screen stays off.

Supposedly, he guy that owned it before me let it drop and after that it stopped working. To me, it seems unlikely that the PSP would get so badly damaged after falling like that but that's beside the point...

...What I would like to know is any one of the following:

A) How can I fix this?
    B) Is there any way I can get the screws to get unscrewed easier? This PSP's screws are tighter than God-knows-what! I'm also trying to see if there was any hardware damage caused by the fall.

I thought I had a C in mind but I don't so there... There's my question. Hopefully I can get this PSP up and running! Thanks in advance to all hose that help!

Edit: Also, sorry if this post doesn't belong in this board.

Edit2: Argh! Why am I getting signed out every other time I refresh?

Edit3: Oops, I JUST saw the PSP Help board. Well, if I could get help anywhere I'd still be grateful.
    Last edited by kiariki; June 12th, 2008 at 23:06.

Take it apart and reconnect everything.I f that doesn't work slap a pandora in it.If not, I dunno...
    No luck on the screws, they're gonna be fairly hard.I fold a towel and put it under the face so I can apply enough pressure without damaging it.
    After your first time it's a cinch
    Plenty of good youtube tutorials about it.
    I would think if it hadn't been bricked maybe the powerboard or wifi card is loose.

Thanks. I'm actually trying to Pandora it right now... But as luck would have it, even that isn't being an easy task for me! XD I posted that problem on the PSP Help board though.

Thread Information