Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rise Of The Triad PSP v 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by 240-185 View Post
    Nice job, I am unable to get into the main menu.
    I'm using a Phat.

update: doesn't work either on my psp slim, and i'm playing the full version...
    - Check if you have anything in stdout.txt stderr.txt files - this might give us some clues..
    - try deleting old config files *.ROT
    - check to make sure you got the correct EBOOT

When I had the bug, no STDERR.txt file was generated.

After deleting *.rot files, that works fine now, thanks!

(but why use F11 for right direction on the analog stick? Now it sets gamma and turning right :/)
    Last edited by 240-185; June 21st, 2008 at 10:25.

Quote Originally Posted by 240-185 View Post
    Nice job, I am unable to get into the main menu.
    I'm using a Phat.

update: doesn't work either on my psp slim, and i'm playing the full version...
    I'm experiencing the same thing on my regular PSP with v1.01 instead of Deniska's 1.00.

I can't get to the main menu with it. I guess I'll just go back to Deniska's version.

I also deleted all the .rot files. Let me make 100% sure that they're all gone. Could have sworn I deleted em all though.

DCEmu Coder

@240-185 - If you're using the full version, be sure to use the EBOOT from the DarkWars directory. Also, you could try describing the problem better than "it doesn't work".

Are you using any plugins? If so, have you tried it without them? The only plugin I'm using at the moment is FuSa and it doesn't cause a problem here.

On a Phat PSP - try deleting the timidity.cfg file. Maybe the larger instruments are using too much memory for the Phat.

@wraggster - Thanks! I've posted other releases of stuff I've done here before, so it's good to finally get recognized.

EDIT: I tried it with the music with large memory turned off and it works fine, so there's no reason it should fail on a Phat... except maybe one - DON'T copy over the dvemgr.prx on a Phat. It doesn't have TV support, so there's no telling what would happen if you tried to use the TV support functions... probably crash the PSP. As long as dvemgr.prx cannot be found, nothing associated with the TV is used.
    Last edited by JLF65; June 22nd, 2008 at 00:12.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi guyz!

Once again big thanks to deniska for this update. I, being one of the biggest fans of this game, just cannot really express my delight
    Well this really is a great port and ROTT is a great game to play on a handheld (it's a pity no one is interested in porting it to PPC for example )
    I have some constructive propositions to deniska or whoever would like to maintain this source code (JLF65 or doobz). The first one is the keyboard mappings of the PSP buttons:

The square button on the PSP is mapped to '\', which really has no function in-game. It would be much better if this is mapped to TAB, since currently the in-game map cannot be invoked due to the lack of a key binded to TAB. I think this is fairly easy and would really benefit the gaming experience.
    Additionally as can be seen here:

http://rott.classicgaming.gamespy.com/fun/

ROTT is definitely the game with the most cheats of all and the most funny cheats that really add up to the gaming experience. Currently there is no way of entering them on the PSP. I would love to see such function in the future. Extreme Gibs Mode and Missile Cam would be great things to have on the PSP port

Btw. if someone is interested there is a port of ROTT for the DS which even has missile cam support:

http://vespenegas.com/rott.html

PS.
    anyone interested in getting the files from the original game CD just PM me

DCEmu Newbie

Im using the full version on CFW 3.74 M33, problem Im having is that save games I make disappear once I shutdown the game

Quote Originally Posted by barev View Post
    Hi guyz!

Once again big thanks to deniska for this update. I, being one of the biggest fans of this game, just cannot really express my delight
    Well this really is a great port and ROTT is a great game to play on a handheld (it's a pity no one is interested in porting it to PPC for example )
    I have some constructive propositions to deniska or whoever would like to maintain this source code (JLF65 or doobz). The first one is the keyboard mappings of the PSP buttons:

The square button on the PSP is mapped to '\', which really has no function in-game. It would be much better if this is mapped to TAB, since currently the in-game map cannot be invoked due to the lack of a key binded to TAB. I think this is fairly easy and would really benefit the gaming experience.
    Additionally as can be seen here:

http://rott.classicgaming.gamespy.com/fun/

ROTT is definitely the game with the most cheats of all and the most funny cheats that really add up to the gaming experience. Currently there is no way of entering them on the PSP. I would love to see such function in the future. Extreme Gibs Mode and Missile Cam would be great things to have on the PSP port

Btw. if someone is interested there is a port of ROTT for the DS which even has missile cam support:

http://vespenegas.com/rott.html

PS.
    anyone interested in getting the files from the original game CD just PM me
    I'll see if I can throw in on-screen keyboard similar to one I did for Tyrian.. It might take time though...

DCEmu Newbie

10x for the reply deniska. No worries about time, after all you do this for free and in your spare time. But if this is ready some time in the future it'll be great.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Verderf View Post
    Im using the full version on CFW 3.74 M33, problem Im having is that save games I make disappear once I shutdown the game
    any idea on my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Verderf View Post
    any idea on my problem?
    - check for stdout.txt stderr.txt for clues.
    -check the memory stick for corrupted files
    - see if you have rottgame*.rot files and try removing them
    (I assume you do save the game with tiangle ;-) )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information