Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rise Of The Triad PSP v 1.0

Default Rise Of The Triad PSP v 1.0

Rise Of The Triad PSP v1.00

This is a PSP adoptation of Rise Of The Triad, 1st person shooter, originally developed by 3drealms/Apogee.
    (http://www.3drealms.com/rott/)
    Special thanks to people @ http://icculus.org/rott/, who developed the SDL/linux version of the game.
    Please read the attached documents for credits and other information.

If you are unfamiliar with the game please read this great article:
    http://rott.classicgaming.gamespy.com/hell/

WHATS NEW
    -------
    - Slim psp support.
    - fixed a memory leak bug, crashing the game after 5-10 minutes of playing.
    - fixed intro screens / cut scenes
    - some performance optimizations to rendering and timidity routines.
    - added a PSP screen-size selector.On "Screen Size" selector menu, pressing [Right Arrow]
    while at max screen size value, toggles between "Original" (320x240), "4x3" and
    "Full Screen" modes.
    - added Brightness control.On "Screen Size" selector menu, pressing [Left Arrow] while
    at min screen size value, toggles between different brightness settings.
    - new psp game icon.

INSTALLATION
    --------
    This game requires "homebrew-friendly" custom psp firmware to run.
    - select between the shareware and full versions (shareware game files are included)
    -copy ROTT_Shareware or ROTT_Darkwar to ms:/PSP/GAME or ms:/PSP/GAMEXXX
    (XXX is your custom firmware version number)
    -to run the full version you need to copy the game files from the original game CD (Rise of the Triad: Dark War) in to
    ROTT_Darkwar folder on your PSP.

MUSIC SUPPORT
    ------------
    In order to save space and reduce loading times, this release is bundled with minimized midi
    instrument library.
    Better instrument samples can be downloaded from http://www.libsdl.org/projects/mixer...imidity.tar.gz
    timidity.cfg & instruments directory from the archive must be copied to the ROTT_xxxxx game folder

CONTROLS
    ----------------
    Due to ovious PSP limitations, some game functions are not mapped in the default key configuration.
    If you don't like the control layout/functions - you can re-assign them in the controls menu.
    -Use [TRIANGLE] to get out of text entry mode

GAME PLAY
    -----------
    Refer to original documentation for details on game play.
    Network/multiplayer modes are not supported in this release, but you should be able to use some multiplayer levels in
    "exploration" mode

Download and leave feedback via comments

a awesome gameplay video

Nice capture but the framerade in the video seems to be much slower than in the game..

awsome port! i played this back in the day, mad props

DCEmu Newbie

Default tnx!

Thanks for the update deniska !

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks! I love old school 1st person shooters! Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D and of course the bloody Rise Of The Triad... Mmmm... I can still feel the scent of napalm...

I've just tried it but i get no music at all... Any Idea? I've used the instruments and cfg from the timidity link you've posted on a fat psp with 3.52.

Despite the music problem, it works flawlessly, nice framerate, wonderful customizable controls, i prefer the analog for moving, instead of using the d-pad. Thanks again, Deniska! After Tyrian, ;-) this is your best port.

I answer myself, it was my fault. all of the instruments in timidity.cfg were pointing to instruments folder instead of inst were i copied them, so renaming the folder to instruments fixed the problem. A good read of the readme file should prevented me of having this mistake. Ahhhh... I should paid more atention at my english lessons...

DCEmu Coder

You forgot to include ICON0 and PIC1 in the source. Yes, I know those don't HAVE to be included, but not doing so means they either have to make their own or extract them from the eboot.

Otherwise, nice release! This was a favorite of mine. I'd turn the gore up to maximum.

DCEmu Coder

You forgot to include ICON0 and PIC1 in the source. Yes, I know those don't HAVE to be included, but not doing so means they either have to make their own or extract them from the eboot.

Otherwise, nice release! This was a favorite of mine. I'd turn the gore up to maximum.

im trying to get this to work and am not succsful. i have a psp slim 3.95 and put the rise of the triad iso in the eboot directory. its not working

DCEmu Newbie

I can't get sound, what settings do I use when it goes into the setup menu at the beginning?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information