Thread: can't load pois?

DCEmu Newbie

Question can't load pois?

Hey

I've been searching and searching, but I haven't been able to find anyone else thats discusses loading poi's problems.

I'm using v505 of mapthis and I am generating pois using the latest gmdl, off of google maps and placing it in my maps\_toronto\ directory.

I can't seem to load any pois. i've labeled my generated file as _bank_toronto, however when i choose to load it on mapthis, it doesn't show anything at all.

Furthermore, if i change the file name from _bank_toronto to _MY_POIS, it shows the pois.

So my question is, is there no other way of showing pois? i.e. can you only have 1 set of pois? (putting banks, steakhouses, etc all in _my_pois) Has anyone else had trouble with this and has found a solution?

Thanks! any help would be greatly appreciated! spent all last night frustrated at it. I've read all the documentation regarding pois on the sticky as well. I'm doing everything by the book, so it "should" work but maybe I'm missing something.

DCEmu Pro

Any filename starting with underscore and containing only letters should work just fine. Are you sure the POIs in those files aren't referring to non-existing images?

Also, I mainly come across POI files whose names are in all caps (so e.g. _BANKS), you might wanna try that.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey

Yup, I've tried all caps and tried using _BANKS. Still nothing yet.

Also, I'm sure that the locations exist on the image as when I add it as a poi via the psp menu it shows up.

Lastly, I've also figured out that it works if i first create the poi file from the psp, and then copy and paste the contents of the poi file generated by the gmdl program... but the odd thing is, if i make a duplicate of the _MY_POIS file created from the psp and then rename the duplicate to something else such as _STEAK and then copy the contents of the gmdl created poi file into it, it does not work..

There must be something else that I am missing.? because having to create a _MY_POIS from the psp itself is troublesome for larger amounts of data.

I'm using a psp fat, 3.80m33-5 cfw, Maptihs is in ms0:/psp/game150/mapviewer/

Hope this helps anyone that can help me solve my problem.

You can put your POI's and routes in the PSP\COMMON directory so that you can have access to them no matter which map you may be on. You can only load one POI and one Route at the same time.

Thread Information