Thread: PSP AV Component Cable Help!! NO SIGNAL

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSP AV Component Cable Help!! NO SIGNAL

Im not to swift when ift comes to video cabling. I have a PSP with the component cable (RGB+L&R sound), A 4 way switcher that supports RCA, S-Video & ComponentRGB, & a Projector w/RCA, S-Video and VGA Ins. Hook up is PSP > Switcher via component cables > S-video into projector. I have tried Svid and RCA into projector W/ Progressive scan ON and I get no signal. Is this a limitation with the switch? Do i need something special to convert Component to S-Video/RCA? bTW the switch is a Philips 4way Auto Switch.. couldnt find any manual on it. Im begining to believe that any component plugged in is only going to work if its component OUT to a TV. Well, please advice. THANKS!

DCEmu Regular

Switcher isnt a converter I believe?

S-video is like for Composite/RCA. You can "switch" between those two. Component IN must be component OUT afaik.

edit:
    nope, definetly you cannot do Component output from PSP, into switch & out put as S-video/RCA/Composite. you need a high end converter to achieve Component -> composite.

You need to buy a Composite cable for PSP but you cannot use it for PSP game.

Component = RGB = Red, Green, Blue + Audio White, Audio Red

Composite = RCA = Yellow + Audio White, Audio Red
    Last edited by Nocuddle; June 18th, 2008 at 05:20.

DCEmu Newbie

damn... well thanks for the bad news lol hehe. Whats with the plugin available something fusa er something? I stumbled into earlier today and now can't seem to find it. Based on my setup, I want a way to output my psp game (full screen if possible) to a monitor or tv without it looking like crap... what are my options and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by deosvx View Post
    Im not to swift when ift comes to video cabling. I have a PSP with the component cable (RGB+L&R sound), A 4 way switcher that supports RCA, S-Video & ComponentRGB, & a Projector w/RCA, S-Video and VGA Ins. Hook up is PSP > Switcher via component cables > S-video into projector. I have tried Svid and RCA into projector W/ Progressive scan ON and I get no signal. Is this a limitation with the switch? Do i need something special to convert Component to S-Video/RCA? bTW the switch is a Philips 4way Auto Switch.. couldnt find any manual on it. Im begining to believe that any component plugged in is only going to work if its component OUT to a TV. Well, please advice. THANKS!
    make sure the colors on the tv match, then hold the screen button on the psp to switch it to tv mode.

Thread Information