Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NeoDS 0.2.0 released - NeoGeo Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Is anyone still getting the black screen flicker on Blazing star level 2? I am.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zzt View Post
    Is anyone still getting the black screen flicker on Blazing star level 2? I am.
    Yes, it seems to come and go. Lvl 3 it goes back to normal I believe.

what does it mean by bios rom?

it doesnt convert ...

Need Help!!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by evilmario666 View Post
    what does it mean by bios rom?
    bios = basic input/output system ie. the program to read the joystick and output screen graphics on the Neo Geo Arcade Machine.

The bios file (ie. neogeo.zip) is needed with the game rom (ie. mslug.zip) for NeoDSConvert.exe to work.

You then use the converted rom file (ie. mslug.neo) with the emulator (NeoDs.nds) in the root directory of your flash card on your DS.

There is a youtube video that may help

DCEmu Newbie

hi,
    the converter in the folder won't seem to work (im converting all six of the metal slug games; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and X) CAn anyone help? Much appreciated

Default More games for NeoDS?

I've play'd MAME game on my PC, so I have a few downloaded. I saw this emu for my DS & got it too, but only the Metal Slug games seem to play(among a few others). I REALLY wanna play the splatter house :thumbup: for MAME. From what I've read, NeoDS plays alot of the MAME ROMS, correct? Is there anyway to get this one running or will there be more playable games in the future with NeoDS patches?

DCEmu Pro

NeoDS only emulates NeoGeo games. In the other thread I mentioned the Genesis version of splatterhouse, as I recall they are decent ports.

heres what the author wrote about mame sets
    Quote Originally Posted by ingramb View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the feedback so far.

I know it's been mentioned, but you need MAME compatible roms for NeoDS. The converter is actually a stripped down version of MAME, which handles all the decrytion/protection crap that newer NeoGeo games have. But it will only load games that are in the format MAME expects (even the file name must be correct).

I know this is kinda a pain, especially if you have a collection of roms for a different emulator, but it would be more or less impossible for me to try to support every type of dump. So I chose MAME as the standard. If MAME can't load it, the converter may ignore it, and it certainly won't work in NeoDS. It's possible that rom organizing programs might be able to fixup non-MAME sets, but I haven't really tried this.

I'll try to get some of the broken games working soon. Metal Slug 1 used to work for me, so I must have broken it shortly before release =)

DCEmu Newbie

please help
    I cannot convert the games =/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information