Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Review: Space Invaders Extreme (PSP)

psp Game Review: Space Invaders Extreme (PSP)

Publisher : Taito
    Developer: Taito
    Genre: Arcade Shooter
    Players: 1-4
    Price: $19.99

Overview:
    Space Invaders is celebrating its 30th anniversary with a party that EVERYONE is invited to (just pay $19.99) lol

Gameplay:
    This time around, Space Invaders comes shipped with some strategy by giving you a power up every time you hit four ships of the same color continuously. On the right side of the screen, you will find a power up bar, once you grab a power up, that bar will instantly start draining, so you better use your power wisely. If you want to save the power for later, simply hold the right trigger.

If you see a shiny color changing ship hover across the top of your screen, hitting it will take you to a bonus level, complete that level, and you will be rewarded.

Aside from a new look and slightly new feel, A new element is added: BOSS BATTLES! Yes, you heard right, now you can easily see each and every pixel forming a ship.

Boss battles normally consist of one or two big ships, and a bunch of little ones, though the small ones may seem like a bother at first, DO NOT BE FOOLED! for they are the key to power ups, and power ups are they key to victory.

Only three to go, and this guys are in for a blast! (if you have played the game, you will know what I am talking about)

Graphics:
    Space Invaders Extreme. As the name suggests, the game feels like they gave "extreme" amounts of drugs to the game making YOU think you are high. The game has DDR like backgrounds which seem to swirl and melt as you progress through the game. Even though the space ships still look the same but shinier, The game overall looks great, And it is the small details here and there that make it so.

Is it just me, or are the aliens forming question marks? Don't worry, I am confused too.

Sound:
    This game has techno music as its companion to to the visuals and it works great, what is even More amazing, is that every shot and explosion created, fits perfectly with the song.

Each level comes with a brand new track that will keep your ears too busy to hear your mom asking you to clean up your room.

Replay Value:
    Like most arcade games, Space invader has a great replay value, you will find that whether you have five minutes or two hours, you will be able to pick this up and start playing.

normal bullets can usually do the job, but nothing beats a good ole hyper beam!

YEA! that's what I'M talking about!

Conclusion:
    Humpa doompa dompa dee doo, what do you get when you combine great graphics, addicting game play, and great tracks to go along? a must buy for you!

I give this game a:

my review survey
    Last edited by fg-54; January 2nd, 2009 at 04:00. Reason: fixed flash video

the video or whatever the third image from the bottom is refuses to load in firefox 3: "additional plugins required"

DCEmu Regular

the video or whatever the third image from the bottom is refuses to load in firefox 3: "additional plugins required"
    Yep. that's the same with me!

paul

Ok, the thing is I really don't know how to do that, someone edited my post to make it all cool like that, but when I tried changing the video, it messed up, so I am just going to leave the link there, too bad, that would have made my review more convenient.

Good review
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Newbie

yea, i like the comments on the pics, kinda like on game informer, or ign. lol they ARE making question marks.

great! I am glad you guys like it.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fg-54 View Post
    Ok, the thing is I really don't know how to do that, someone edited my post to make it all cool like that, but when I tried changing the video, it messed up, so I am just going to leave the link there, too bad, that would have made my review more convenient.
    what you are doing wrong is you linking to the youtube page, not the actual video. You where using the link:

when it should be:

http://www.youtube.com/v/aZZNL9-RyXw

eg

{flash}
    http://www.youtube.com/v/aZZNL9-RyXw{/flash}

replacing { } with []

I like this games

also nice review

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69 View Post
    what you are doing wrong is you linking to the youtube page, not the actual video. You where using the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZZNL9-RyXw

when it should be:

http://www.youtube.com/v/aZZNL9-RyXw

eg

{flash}
    http://www.youtube.com/v/aZZNL9-RyXw{/flash}

replacing { } with []

ooOOOoooohhhh I see.......thanks for the help:thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information