Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Team M33 To Ditch 1.50 Firmware Support

Quote Originally Posted by that1guywiththeface View Post
    So, about the ipl? Also, would there be a way for Time Machine to load Utopia in the future?
    It hasnt been discussed yet as to how the utopia wud take place its still in developement its jus that utopia has been kept in the dark and math has juz shed some light on this math and dax are well known so it isnt a hoax

ipl get boosters ipl lol I said it clearly previusly search google or go to qj downloads

PSP User

Thank you. Man, where i am at, its 1:00 am. After I get the ipl, I'm sleeping....

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by that1guywiththeface View Post
    This upsets me greatly. Almost every homebrew app I have is on 1.50, like all of my emulators, rRootage, Nethack, Trigonometry Wars, and others. Many of the best emus are dead(ish) now, like nesterj, snes9xtyl, gpsp, and RIN. Gutting 1.50 is like gutting a huge portion of psp history, and I am not familiar with Time Machine, but I really want those save states we were told about...
    I personally don't care/don't know about the first few. EDIT: Isn't Powder a Nethack clone?
    NesterJ - 3.xx port
    SNES9xtyl - 3.xx port
    gpSP - Use Takka's unofficial for 3.xx port
    RIN - Use Masterboy as a GB/C emulator on 3.xx

DCEmu Rookie

This is not really that big of a deal, considering that there is still the ELoader program. I have tried it on almost every custom firmware and noticed that it worked equally well irregardless of the firmware version.

The only app that I would use which only works on 1.50 is Time Baby, and there are alternatives to it already. There is about a 90% to 95% compatibility while using ELoader, and if using this program is too much of a bother to use then a developer could always use code from ELoader to create a "quick and dirty" way to launch 1.50 homebrew (eg. place the game in a specific sub directory and change the code in ELoader to launch what is in that directory instead of loading the menu, I am sure that the people who abandoned development on this program would not mind).

The only thing that would take a major hit by not using the 1.50 kernal is LUA Player, and almost every single game in LUA Player is mediocre compared to other homebrew titles (although I would like to see a 3.xx version of Galactic Breakout).

DS User

Quote Originally Posted by Aryn View Post
    The only thing that would take a major hit by not using the 1.50 kernal is LUA Player, and almost every single game in LUA Player is mediocre compared to other homebrew titles (although I would like to see a 3.xx version of Galactic Breakout).
    HM works on 3.xx

I also agree with you about it not being a big deal. People are seriously talking out of their ass in this thread, it's just proof of how ignorant the scene has gotten.

taking away 1.5 is not taking away all those "1.5" apps as many believe. Much of those homebrews work with a simple eboot joining in PSP brew. The only ones having the most problems would be the ones calling functions that can cause trouble (ME function, etc)

Many offer "proof" of all the emulators that would be lost. As mentioned above by that other guy there are alternatives already.
    N64, seriously? the 1.0 eboot version(Basically 1.5, joined in pspbrew) has worked on 2.xx and 3.xx kernels from R-1 to R-13 or whatever the newest release is.

So, people if you are going to be complaining to M33 please make sure you are not making an ass of yourself and verify what you say. 1.5 is dead it has been dying in the last year or so, get over it. Some stuff will not work and that's just life.

also long as all the home brew that need 1.50 kernal still work and that the double folders for homwbrew still work then I have no problem...

DCEmu Regular

What is everyone whining. You can also use an old Devhook if you want 1.50.

Devhook still works perfectly. Or use Eloader or Time Machine.

Wasn't the point of CFW to run 1.5 kernal for 90% of homebrew? What's the point of even having a CFW that doesn't run the kernal that nearly all homebrew needs to run?

DCEmu Old Pro

Time machine works wonders. If you haven't already tried it, I recommend you do so.

Also, there once was a time when 90% of homebrew were 1.50 - but now, that is no longer the case. Even so, many 1.00 eboots work, and for the ones that don't, Time machine will. I've tried the 1.50 - 3.40 mix on my psp slim and it works perfectly.

No sense crying when the functionality can be replicated.

Cloudy

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tets View Post
    Finally, stop with the "oh no loss of 1.50 will be the death of the scene" nonsense. I don't know how any of you can justify saying that, because it's simply not true. Anyone who is currently developing for custom firmware is still going to be doing so whether 1.50 is there or not.
    i dont think anyone said its the death of the scene they said it would greatly DAMAGE the scene and it will damage it greatly since the only reason Dark AleX started making cfw was to be able to play ur homebrew and the newest released psp games without having to downgrade ur psp

anyway if Dark AleX and team m33 are doing it they have a reason to do it whether good or bad and it does bother me since 1.5 is one of the only reasons i bought my psp and will always b one of the greatest firmwares ever

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information