Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Team M33 To Ditch 1.50 Firmware Support

PSP User

Okay, I can't get Time Machine or boosters ipl to work. Boosters ipl worked once for me. Then I installed the Time Machine thing, and now it doesn't work. Could somebody give me a clearer explanaton as to how to operate Time Machine and explain to me simply how I get both to work with one battery?

DCEmu Legend

Its not a big deal for me. I think Homebrew and CFW needs to evolve. All emulators work fine on the newer kernels if you know what you are doing. Sure there may be 1 or 2 apps that need to be ported over to the newer kernels but that may be done in time.

If nothing else, this discussion has made this thread 6 pages long. That doesn't happen to much anymore regarding PSP homebrew news.

I still believe PSP homebrew has a long way to go and even more potential. I hope its not given up on.

DCEmu Newbie

donutman, I really don't get your reasoning. From what I've pieced together, you're telling me that dropping 1.50 will damage the scene because Dark Alex started making custom firmware so you wouldn't need to downgrade to 1.50? Never mind the fact that when he started out the only way to even get CFW installed was to downgrade to 1.50 first, none of what you said makes any sense at all. If anything it seems like an argument FOR dropping the 1.50 kernel.

And to anyone still claiming that most homebrew is still coded for 1.50, why not try actually having a look at the recent releases. They're either 3.xx exclusive or both. Nothing is going to change if 1.50 is dropped by Team M33. Like I already said, anyone developing for the PSP is still going to be doing so afterward, and nobody is holding you at gunpoint to upgrade. And if you really want to, you still have Time Machine to fall back on!

DCEmu Newbie

that they;re dumping the old 1.5 kernel doesn't mater for the hombrew your using now
    It just emans future releases wont have the support for it
    But you can still Use your old kernel if you really want to
    Most hombrew will be made Compatible anyways

PSP User

In response to these mentions about 3.xx ports, soebody said there was one for Snes9xtyl. Yes there is one, but it is of poorer quality (even says so on its own site) than the 1.50 kernel Snes9xtyl me.

And people who say most homebrew will be made compatible, who do you presume will do this. Some homebrew such as the psp port of rRootage haven't been updated for 2 years, so I don't think that the devs are all going to magically come back.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tets View Post
    donutman, I really don't get your reasoning. From what I've pieced together, you're telling me that dropping 1.50 will damage the scene because Dark Alex started making custom firmware so you wouldn't need to downgrade to 1.50? Never mind the fact that when he started out the only way to even get CFW installed was to downgrade to 1.50 first, none of what you said makes any sense at all. If anything it seems like an argument FOR dropping the 1.50 kernel.

And to anyone still claiming that most homebrew is still coded for 1.50, why not try actually having a look at the recent releases. They're either 3.xx exclusive or both. Nothing is going to change if 1.50 is dropped by Team M33. Like I already said, anyone developing for the PSP is still going to be doing so afterward, and nobody is holding you at gunpoint to upgrade. And if you really want to, you still have Time Machine to fall back on!
    yes i know u had to downgrade to 1.5 before u got into the cfw but after that u were good u didnt have to downgrade again and again just to play hombrew and i dont really mind it being dropped i just know that its been developed on for a long time its a shame if it goes to waste! since porting over homebrew to higher firmwares sometims results results in quality loss. and u have a point on the people developing will continue to do so but what im saying is that 1.5 shouldnt be dropped becuz of whats out there for. and time machine does work but not to well since if u go into sleep mode or standby it has a chance of crashing and it doesnt look like an update on it will be made anytime soon

PSP User

About Time Machine crashing in standby, everything in 3.90 M33-3 does that in 1.50 kernel

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by that1guywiththeface View Post
    In response to these mentions about 3.xx ports, soebody said there was one for Snes9xtyl. Yes there is one, but it is of poorer quality (even says so on its own site) than the 1.50 kernel Snes9xtyl me.
    Actually, the latest ports to 3.xx are enhanced also better than the 1.50 version.

And TimeMachine solves all - It is incredibly convenient to use, even for slim users.

Cloudy

DCEmu Newbie

The only thing that will bother me is the los of my xvid player as no one been able todo a proper xvid player for non 1.5. Other wise it can be a good thing to leave 1.5 behind.

PSP User

Okay, I''ve used this guide to install Time Machine and everything: http://forums.qj.net/archive/index.php/t-138307.html

If I revert my battery back to normal, will Time Machine still work?

If no, then from the end of that guide, EXACTLY how do I go about making ONE battery work normally and with Time Machine?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information