Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: Max Power X5 Battery 3600mAh (Slim)

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

psp Review: Max Power X5 Battery 3600mAh (Slim)

Max Power X5 Battery 3600mAh (Slim)
    Manufacturer: Dragonplus
    Site : Buy from Shop.01Media
    Price: $28.18

Overview : The Max Power X5 Battery Pack offers 5 times the power of the original battery.

Want the most powerful battery on PSP and PSP Slim and Lite? It comes with a special design battery cover to fit the PSP or PSP Slim and Lite. For long gaming sessions away from home!

Features :
    • Easy set-up use
    • Can stand-by 168 hours
    • Comes with special design battery cover
    • Supply power to PSP Slim and Lite console for over 48 hours
    • Compatible with any version of PSP/PSP Slim and Lite
    • Long life, mega power, recycle rechargeable battery built-in

Quality/Usability : You can always expect a high capacity battery to be released for any portable electronic device. The standard mAh for the PSP Slim is 1200mAh. Well, Dragonplus aims to TRIPLE, thats right! They released a battery that is 3 TIMES the mAh of the normal PSP Slim battery known as Max Power X5 Battery Pack. It packs a whopping 3600mAh.

With big batteries, comes big bulk. Adding the battery and battery cover does add some bulk to the back of the PSP. The battery cover works for both the original PSP and PSP Slim. This big battery gives an approximate 48 hours of play time and 168 hours of stand-by.

However, upon testing battery life, the PSP Slim lasted a little longer than its predecessor. The original PSP lasted about 44 hours of play time while the Slim lasted a little more than 45 hours *settings where set to its lowest brightness, lowest volume for gameplay as well as screen off and normal volume for MP3 listening. Fairly close to what Dragonplus claims. But if you're using the battery at your normal playing brightness and volume, battery life will drastically drop to about 15-18 hours. Setting it to the highest setting in both brightness and volume, you can expect about 12-14 hours of play. Yes, that is a big drop.

I personally prefer official licensed batteries or products in general but sometimes these 3rd party batteries work just as good as the official products. So far, I dont think I have experienced any major problems with these 3rd party batteries. Makes you wonder why these 3rd party manufacturers can release a battery that is 3x's the amount of the original but the actual manufacturer that makes the device cant release their own official 3x batteries.

Conclusion : Overall, the Max Power X5 Battery 3600mAh (Slim) worked for both original PSP as well as PSP Slim. Play time hours were a little shy of what Dragonplus claims to supply (48 hours) *settings where set to its lowest brightness, lowest volume for gameplay as well as screen off and normal volume for MP3 listening. The Max Power X5 Battery 3600mAh did feel a little cheap in quality. Price for the battery is fairly reasonable. I still favor OEM batteries.

Images via comments
    Last edited by bandit; July 13th, 2008 at 16:19.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

DCEmu Newbie

If it is only 3 times as much mAh, how do you get 48 hours of playtime? 4-5 hours on a normal battery times 3 is only 12-15 hours. Unless you define [insert lowest CPU usage game here] running at 20MHZ, no sound with the screen off as playtime, which I don't.

DCEmu Newbie

It's all in the wording.

It doesn't claim 48 hours of "play time" it only claims to "Supply power" for 48 hours.

That no doubt means sitting idle in the XMB doing nothing but keeping the PSP powered up.

Cool

Looks good

Perhaps mp3 playing with screen off? The Pandora is supposed to be able to do >100 hours in this mode.

I could do with a battery like that. The supplied cover is also an ace thing as well for I still have a 1004 series PSP and was thing about getting a newer slimline model for a while now.

DCEmu Pro

where does the 5x come from? 3600mAh/1200mAh = 3x

maybe its a mind trick? i bet the price ends with 99¢

OH FFS.

Who reviewed this. I'm calling BS on it.

Bought one from play-asia. Batery life states 4.5 hours AT FULL charge on a slim.

That's less than the slims stock battery.

You can judge a battery's power by its weight, and this weighs next to nothing.

This review is bogus. Bring it down before you start misleading buyers.

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyus View Post
    OH FFS.

Who reviewed this. I'm calling BS on it.

Bought one from play-asia. Batery life states 4.5 hours AT FULL charge on a slim.

That's less than the slims stock battery.

You can judge a battery's power by its weight, and this weighs next to nothing.

This review is bogus. Bring it down before you start misleading buyers.
    Obviously, I reviewed it. In order to get the max hours claimed by Dragonplus, everything was on the lowest setting. Obviously, if I put it at normal settings that I would normally play, I wouldnt get that, which I should probably mention in the review.
    Last edited by bandit; June 28th, 2008 at 15:09.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Imma get this. It says 3600 mah which is the most u can get, and its more than the sony extended life battery (2200 mah at $40!!! :O) As long as this runs 10 - 15 hrs im good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information