Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.01 m33 released - Dark Alex/Team M33 Custom Firmware for PSP Released

can this be put on a psp fat if you dont have a hacked firmware?

My internet radio works fine

still waiting for an iRShell patch

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation need help!

Okay guys, im really new to costum firmware, so i need some help :P
    First of all i have the same question as the guy at the third post i think it was..
    Will i need the kernel? and how do i install it?
    i have a fat one.
    And can i install this version or do i need any older ones first?
    and final, how do i do this? becuse i have no idea where and what to do it? hehe sorry for bothering :P :thumbup:

Default PspStates Experiment for PSP SLIM. (Release)

DA :thumbup:

PspStates Experiment for PSP SLIM
    ---------------------------------

Please read carefully this book... i mean this readme before proceeding to use this plugin.

Note: The author will not be responsable of any kind of damage to units or of data loss
    (including game data loss) that this software may cause.
    This is true for all my software as they are free, but in this case I would feel like I
    would indicate it explicitily.
    It is recommended that you backup the nand and important data of memory stick before using this plugin, in order to avoid posible loss of data.

This program was never intended to be part of M33 cfw, it always was planned to be released as
    a plugin, just to clarify

This software is experimental work and it may behave incorrectly or not work in all cases.

Requisites:
    -----------

- 4.01 M33, 1 or 2, doesn't matter.
    - A good memory stick is recommended. Fake memory sticks are... fake... and $#@!, they could make
    load and savestate too slow.

Instructions:
    -------------

Copy seplugins folder content (IMPORTANT: including the empty folder SAVESTATE, as the plugin will not create it) in /seplugins and activate the plugin using the recovery.

This plugin at the moment will only work in game mode, don't bother to use it in pops or vsh.

VERY IMPORTANT: because of technical reasons, DO NOT USE this plugins with umd's inserted,
    and do not use it of course with UMD's in normal mode, even isofs mode is not recommended.
    Use only in march33 (recommended), np9660 or in homebrew.
    You can have the plugin loaded in umd's, as soon as YOU DON'T USE IT.

DCEmu Newbie

I just download the firmware but when i want to update it there stands ; 401.pbp doesnt exist ;S ...

DCEmu Newbie

hi, i'm new to this. I have a slim PSP which had 3.71 M33 on it, i bought in thailand, they said i would be able to update the firmware as normal, i did today and it seems to have overwritten the M33 i had and is just sony's firmware 4.01.

i have looked at the above instructions and copied the update to my memory stick, which still has all the games and gubbins in it, but my game folder in the XMB is empty.

what can i do to get back on track?

thanks for your help

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by NanjeG View Post
    I just download the firmware but when i want to update it there stands ; 401.pbp doesnt exist ;S ...
    Learn to read the readme next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spatchmo View Post
    hi, i'm new to this. I have a slim PSP which had 3.71 M33 on it, i bought in thailand, they said i would be able to update the firmware as normal, i did today and it seems to have overwritten the M33 i had and is just sony's firmware 4.01.

i have looked at the above instructions and copied the update to my memory stick, which still has all the games and gubbins in it, but my game folder in the XMB is empty.

what can i do to get back on track?

thanks for your help
    Next time install custom firmware, not official firmware. 4.01m33 was in that link on the first page of this thread. Unless you know someone else with custom firmware that can create a pandora battery for you then you are most likely out of options.
    Last edited by andwhyisit; July 4th, 2008 at 01:58.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by andwhyisit View Post
    Learn to read the readme next time.

Next time install custom firmware, not official firmware. 4.01m33 was in that link on the first page of this thread. Unless you know someone else with custom firmware that can create a pandora battery for you then you are most likely out of options.
    yeah, not the most helpful seeings as the guys who sold it to me said that it would be ok to update normally but thanks anyway.

looks like i'll be buying a pandora's battery then.

Cheers

DCEmu Newbie

i Keep trying to update and i did exactly what the read me said but it keeps popping up saying game could not be loaded...what do i do?

Question

Hey I have a fat psp and updated to firmware v4.1. If I try to update it to 4.01 M33 it says "the game could not be started (numbers like476547659)."

please people register and tell me if u can
    Last edited by phatpspfreak; July 5th, 2008 at 17:24. Reason: no reply so far

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information