Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.01 m33 released - Dark Alex/Team M33 Custom Firmware for PSP Released

DCEmu Rookie

Glad to see they not given up on 1.50 and i can't wait for the save state feature in next updates

My save data for EG2 was made on 3.71M33-3 and when I updated to 4.01M33 it was corrupted.
    When I rolled back it is fine again.
    Maybe the PSP reads the save differently on the higher FW.

The savefile corruption happened to me too when I installed 3.90M33-3 and I also was on 3.71M33-4
    That's why I went back and my savefiles are ok now

I read some dude at the Gamespot forums with Official FW, got his killzone savefile corrupted when upgrading to 4.01 Official FW. He said he fixed it taking the memory stick out several times and turning the psp on and off (weird)

So yep, as dejkirkby said "Maybe the PSP reads the save differently on the higher FW". (I'm guessing that's because of sony messing up with their own memory stick driver, maybe it gets fixed with the fatmsmod.prx patch v2, but I don't know, I couldn't use it )

DCEmu Newbie

This sucks. I updated, followed all the directions (charge battery, have ac adapter in, don't remove MS) and it bricked my PSP! I REALLY hope my Pandora's Battery'll fix this.

DCEmu Newbie

Mike / DJ - yeah my EG2 save was on 3.90M33-3 so maybe that's why it was okay...

...unless the "EG2 r,l Start return to Menu lag problem" is sorted I'll stay on 3.90M33-3 with the fatmsmod.prx patch v2...

...though to be honest I'm not entirely sure if the lag isn't simply in my imagination...if anyone could confirm - without bricking that is...hehehe!

Updated, And so far everything is working fine. No corruption or anything like that.
    I've noticed a new implemented feature in POPS (I don't know whether if it was in 3.90 M33 or not - I updated from 3.80 M33) Which can access other save data. It's a good feature
    EDIT: The latest popsloader seems to work fine. An updated version with the later firmwares will be needed though. CWcheat seems to work fine too.
    Last edited by Sonicboy 101; June 28th, 2008 at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_jmg View Post
    The savefile corruption happened to me too when I installed 3.90M33-3 and I also was on 3.71M33-4
    That's why I went back and my savefiles are ok now
    More likely than not its more with the games themselves since some games encrypt the game saves and when a new firmware is installed it makes the game think the save is on another system and think the save is corrupted or it could be the firmware is using a new memory stick driver

Here is a download link for m33 pack including 4.01.pbp eboot here
    Download here just the 4.01.pbp eboot if u have the m33 installer.

Dark_Alex site is temporarely down since everybody is using their psp to download it. So if u cant get it to workdownload it from above or if u want to download it this way. Links are fresh!!!!!! and will work!!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicboy 101 View Post
    I've noticed a new implemented feature in POPS (I don't know whether if it was in 3.90 M33 or not - I updated from 3.80 M33) Which can access other save data. It's a good feature
    The memory card utility has been around for a while, I think since 3.71, but it wasn't always available. I think it was dependent on game ID. It's good to see that it's now available for all games at least under 4.01 POPS.

savefile corruption happens somtimes

when you have a game the needs a higher FW but runs on a lower one
    like a game need 3.80 but runs on 3.71 m33
    when you update to 4.01 me33 the save will NOT work

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information