Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.01 m33 released - Dark Alex/Team M33 Custom Firmware for PSP Released

psp 4.01 m33 released - Dark Alex/Team M33 Custom Firmware for PSP Released

Dark Alex and Team M33 have just released the 401 PSP Custom Firmware heres details from the readme:

4.01 M33
    ----------

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.
    Put the 4.01 sony update as 401.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

Changes:
    - Bug fix: vshmenu didn't let change camera mode due to camera_plugin using select button.
    Fixed, now vsh menu will not be loaded when using the camera.

- Recovery can now be translated, See how below. Translation to spanish is autoincluded.
    - Updated the M33 SDK with a new function and sample, and released the psp-packer tool to
    compress prx's and PBP's in the ~PSP format.

- The folder of 4.01 and highre homebrew will be GAME4XX so it won't need change on update.

Taanslating the recovery.
    To translate the recovery create a text file in ms0:/seplugins/xx_recovery.txt
    or flash1:/xx_recoery.txt (they are evaluated in that order), where xx is the language code
    of your language:

es -> spanish
    en -> english
    fr -> french
    de -> german
    it -> italian
    ja -> japanese
    ko -> korean
    nl -> netherlands
    pt -> portuguese
    ru -> russian
    ch1 -> chinese simplified
    ch2 -> chinese traditional

The file en_recovery.txt in translate folder is included for people to translate to their languages, this file is not needed for english people, as the english language is used when no language file is found.
    Just change the english strings to your language ones, and put it in the path mentioned above. Be careful to check in the recovery that the lines look fine, don't use too large text.

The spanish file es_recovery.txt will be written by the program in the memory stick.

1.50 kernel addon for fat will be released this evening or this night.

Note: a more recent version along with a 1.50 kernel [currently 4.01 M33-2] can be downloaded here.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    Last edited by Shrygue; July 10th, 2008 at 21:06.

Blog Entries

awesome news for all Custom Firmware lovers. to those who update first let us know how good it is

Digg the release

I'm doing so now

Default question

i got a question guys, if i update to 4.01 M33 without waiting for the 1.50 kernel addon, will any of my current games freeze? ive got 3.90 M33-2 as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Grimm View Post
    i got a question guys, if i update to 4.01 M33 without waiting for the 1.50 kernel addon, will any of my current games freeze? ive got 3.90 M33-2 as of now.
    Do you have a fat or slim PSP?

So far so good with 4.01 M33, checked out the internet search update Sony added can't say I'd likely use it much but I guess it's kind of neat.

So far my NES and SNES emulators work perfectly fine. Haven't tested my PSX games yet.

ive got a fat psp

ive got a fat psp
    I'm not sure, I have no experience with them

ok thanks anyway:thumbup:

edit: ahhhh f@ck it, ill update now and wait for the kernel
    Last edited by Shrygue; June 28th, 2008 at 21:26.

DCEmu Regular

ahhhh f@ck it, ill update now and wait for the kernel
    The games will still work, but most of your homebrews (if 1.5) won't work anymore.

alright, i just updated it, played some games, worked fine. only games things that had problems were CXMB (Custom XMB) and, like sappo said, my 1.50 homebrews. no worries though, i only have one 1,50 homebrew and the cxmb is nothing important. so until kernel addon gets released, guess its just 3.XX homebrew and psx games, and a convenient web search

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information