Thread: I'm Seriously Confused About What's Wrong With Porting My LUA Game To 3.XX

Default I'm Seriously Confused About What's Wrong With Porting My LUA Game To 3.XX

I'm completely stumped on what the issue might be with porting my game to 3.XX using LuaPlayerHM7.

I've put in a good 6 hours at least trying to figure this out. Honestly, it doesn't make any sense.

For some reason, my line of code for loading WAV sound effects work perfectly fine in 150 but not on 3.XX.

Here it is:
    Code:
    Move = Sound.load("Sounds/Move.wav", false)
    Whenever it gets to that line, it gives me "error loading sound" and halts the program. So I downloaded a game I knew worked in 3.XX to check out what it did for sounds (CoderX's RedAlarm remake)...

This is what it does:
    Code:
    kill5 = Sound.load("Data/Audio/DEDMAN5.WAV")
    Why would this code work and not mine? I've tried taking out the ", false" parameter at the end, didn't work. I've tried using lowercase for the variable, caps for the files name and changing the directory... Nothing works. I've looked at his WAV sample, and it's the same exact bitrate and format as mine (352KB/s 22050Hz Mono).

I just don't get it. Everything else works fine. Images load and display, XM music plays, controls work fine.

If anyone knows what up, or if there's a different LuaPlayer/MOD that works on 3.XX, please let me know.

Haven't tried HM7 yet, and I,ve been "piing" my brain slighlty
    by playing Tweexter, but I recall having some problems with Sound.load()
    to do with hardpath.
    Can't be sure without seeing the source,but try this:
    PHP Code:
    savdir System.currentDirectory("ms0:/psp/game/HM7/Sounds")
    move Sound.load("Move.wav")
    System.currentDirectory(savdir
    Last edited by dangee; July 3rd, 2008 at 07:30. Reason: move =

I'll give that a try. Thanks, man.

I got a response from Homemister91 on a similar thread saying this:

"I have added new wav loading functions for the next release to Fix the issue. Also it will alow for better paning and volume management of the wav.
    Regards
    Homemister"

So it should be fixed in the next version. Just a matter of when the release is... But if what you said fixes it I can mess around with the new ME functions while I wait.

man ive been stumped tryin to get some of those older lua apps to work too.. starwars spacerocks, simon, southpark keeper, zookeeper, and retrorocks, - cant seem to get that up and running right!! erghh.. if anyone has links to these already ported to 3xx.. or 4xx.. please post!!

tryin to bring the 1.5 scene back and into the 3xx kernel!!

thanks yall..

ps-- luaplayerHM8 is out yesterday..

Quote Originally Posted by LAMPRO View Post
    man ive been stumped tryin to get some of those older lua apps to work too.. starwars spacerocks, simon, southpark keeper, zookeeper, and retrorocks, - cant seem to get that up and running right!!
    do you have links for the original sources?

They're probbly scripted for Luaplayer 1.X (Lua 5.0)

portable HM is based on 2.0 (Lua 5.1)

Thread Information