Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Go Explore and Holux = possible

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    I did not hack the LIC file.

Nieko and i spend a lot of hours searching in the leaked beta of Go!Explore.

It is a converted Igo2006 program.

In the final retail version (which is in stores now) much code cleanup has been done, and any PocketPC or other references are deleted (not all of them).

So get the beta (0.0.8) from one of the dark sides of the internet, and get going

I gave some options in this thread - UMDGen to extract the ISO, and then notepad to examine files.
    That's what I'm doing:I'm trying to make something out of the beta version.I actually have all the Go!Explore versions until now.It's just that the LIC file cannot be edited with the Notepad itself.I mean...it won't do.It is not clear what language is used.Someone said that it is MySQL,but it isn't.
    There is one thing I don't understand.Go!Explore is iGO ported for the PSP.So what are Sony waiting for?They already have ALL the needed maps,they just have to place them inside!

Well,anyway,we'll keep trying,and someday,maybe,we will succeed.

PS:Wasn't it iGO8,not 2006?

DCEmu Newbie

So, any updates?

Has anyone tried to edit these files with NOTEPAD++ ? since it has a lot of programming languages, there might be one that works or that "shows" other things that can't be seen with other languages?

I also got a Holux M1000 but haven't gotten a Go!Explorer version yet, I need to clean my hdd... I'm going to wait a month or so and get the things I need to make my DYD holux cable...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    First things first.

The long awaited Go!Explore is finally there.

I was very inquisitive when the first leak came out.

It's a bit a sloppy service from $ony, selling it for this much money.

Let's get to the facts:

-Go!Explore is just an edited IGO 2008 for PDA's
    -It works with FBL maps
    -Skins etc can be edited easily
    -There are some protections build in
    -Having your own voice in is possible
    -Holux is possible, but not YET.

====================

In the past i told you Nieko and i have worked many many hours on the Go Explore Beta.

Now the final is out, and we've managed to tear it apart and now how it works.

In fact, Holux devices CAN work, as long as some files are edited.

I can't help you out supplying the files, because of the forum rules AND guidelines.

But i can supply a little manual.

AND

because i havn't got an holux...

So somebody have to edit it, themselfs !

================

There are many variations in the final and beta (v0.0.8). The Beta is much more suitable for editing, but also less polished. So it's upto you.

The file structure.

1 BUY Go!Explore, they deserve the money.
    2 Rip the iso to your pc with whatever program.
    3 Open it up with UMDGEN 4.0
    4 Everything in SYSDIR can be dummied, you won't need the update to firmware 3.80
    5 in USRDIR it is as follows:

* SYS.txt : nothing spectacular
    * Klavika.ttf - a font specific for the program, maybe it can be altered.
    * READHELPER.IDX Helps reading the files.
    * READHELPER.DAT Filestructure list for the IDX reader.

They must be removed. Otherwise you can't load your own files. Editing of the .DAT doesn't work. The LBA (Logical Boot Adress) is changed then.
    IF Readhelper files are removed, loading will go slower, but it's not terrible.

*Theme_X.zip open these and you will find some images to edit. Very easy with photoshop.

* LICENSE a directory with the famous LIC0.LIC. This file isn't hacked yet. It contains the serial numbers for the different maps, and the location of where they are stored in the ISO. This is a VERY crucial file. If the lic0.lic from the beta is supplied, it will only load the london and ireland maps.

*DEVICE.NNG a file which isn't different in beta and or final version of Go!explore. Says that it's a PSP

======

USRDIR > CONTENT

* BUILDING, a directory fully loaded with .3DC files. Can be swapped with IGO files you'll find around the internet i think.
    Also contains .3DL files. Same as .3DC

*DEM directory. Loads the whole World. You can use the Britishisles.DEM from the Beta version of Go!Explore

*LANG, a directory for languages. Languages can be removed if you don't need them. If you try to select them in game, sometimes the game chrashes. OR you won't see them if they aren't present. Both variations occur.

* Map, the famous maps directory. Maps can be switched with IGO maps you will find around the net. Don't know if it works. BUT you can swap .fbl maps from the beta of go explore into the final and backwards. That was the whole purpose of this hack, make the maps work in other Go!Explore versions :thumbup:

*POI, some points of interest. Can be edited with PC program POIEdit.

*Speedcam, contains the SPEEDCAMUPDATES.SPUD.
    This file is old. You can swap it with a newer one found on google.

*Texture, please leave this directory alone. It contains the textures for the program. Don't know if they can be swapped or edited. Try it yourself.

*VOICE, famous voice directory. Contains various zip files which can be edited. See google for tutorials onto that.

======

DATA.ZIP, the file which contains a lot of sloppy work from $ony. You see $ony left the HP iPaQ ini files still hidden there.

Contains various files

*FF_Keymap.txt, this is a file that maps the psp buttons to the IGO program. Don't mess around with it

*CTYPE.DAT, not important
    *AUDIOPSP, contains some bleeps and other audio things. Can be edited, search google for tutorials.

*CONFIG directory

contains _xxx.XPD files. They serve as indicator for road colors etc etc. Edit at own risk !

*Contains many other files self explanatory. Try opening them with Notepad and edit if you like

*GFX, a directory full of sprites and other images used in Go!Explore. Edit them if you like.

*i18n, unknown.

*UI_PSP, the whole UI. Contains also some scripts. Don't know how they work. See UI_PSP > Common > UI and then 7Setting.ui.

Contains GPSAUTODETECT. But don't know how it works.

=================

So now the burning question, how to make Holux work ?

From the experience that i have, make sure you have a mapthis working with holux at first.

Edit then the following files:

SYS_PC.txt

and make it:

[GPS]
    protocol = "NMEA"
    port = 1
    baud = 4800

Or edit the DEVICE = Holux, and make the Holux.ini yourself in the DATA.ZIP > Config > Devices.

Hope that helps a bit.

NO PM's to me for further assistance !
    Hello, i´m here from Germany. I´ve a Holux GR 231 and it works with MapThis but in Germany i´ve no geodat file, so it works not so i will (select streets and so one).
    So i`ve now GOEXPLORE but it works not with my Holux GR 231.
    You write about SYS_PC.txt i do not found it. Where it is? Can you give me more details step by step please.
    thanks

DCEmu Newbie

After 2 days now i test all the specifications in this thread.
    At this time i must say definitly Holux GR231 or GPSLim 236 doesn´t work with GO!EXPLORE. So I change with UMD Gen all the files last but not least the file doesn´t run. Now I have enough. I wait now of a better thread.

Is there any way I could use the iGo8 maps for the
    Go Explore?
    They look pretty similar to the Go explore maps to me.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cooldude123 View Post
    Is there any way I could use the iGo8 maps for the
    Go Explore?
    They look pretty similar to the Go explore maps to me.
    There a thread talking about this some place under this one... we've been trying for some time now and I think there still no way to use igo8 map.

We can't even use the Maps from the Psp Store "as-is" ... I think it's a dead end

DCEmu Newbie

Default win driver

Hello!

I think PSP-290 gps recceiver is acts like an USB host, and the PSP is a slave, when i start go!explore.

Is it possible to write a driver on PC which emulates a PSP-290?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Beni123 View Post
    Hello!

I think PSP-290 gps recceiver is acts like an USB host, and the PSP is a slave, when i start go!explore.

Is it possible to write a driver on PC which emulates a PSP-290?

Why even bother with it? That receiver sucks so damn hard. Spend a little money to a nice receiver with sirf III chip.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fischauge View Post
    Why even bother with it? That receiver sucks so damn hard. Spend a little money to a nice receiver with sirf III chip.
    I have a nice sirf III receiver. If there is an usb driver fo PC, which emulates a psp-290 than it is possible to connect my holux receiver to go!explore through the PC (or an usb host microcontroller maybe).

DCEmu Regular

I think saying Holux is compatible is a bit too far out.

In the beta version 0.0.8 there are various calls found to the COM PORTS and baut rate which are normally used to communicate with an external GPS receiver.

I can't code, so someone has to modify The Go!Explore files to act with the Holux receivers.

It DOESN't work out of the box, it needs some extra coding.

Bad news is that almost ANY progress on Go!Explore is stopped.

No mapupdates, nothing after 8 months of release...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information