Thread: Can't upgrade OFW 3.90 Slim to CFW

Default Can't upgrade OFW 3.90 Slim to CFW

Using a PSP phat with 4.01 M33-2 CFW installed, I created a pandora battery and magic memory stick using Hellcats most recent Pandora Installer, following all of the directions contained in the readme verbatim. I know that the battery is a pandora battery now because I inserted it into the PSP phat and it showed the pandora recovery menu. I attempted to update my 3.90 OFW slim PSP to 3.60 M33 so that I could then update the Slim to 4.01 M33, and then 4.01 M33-2. When I inserted the magic memory stick into the slim, and then inserted the pandora battery, the screen flashed on, and then went dark (with the green power light still on). I pressed "X", and the orange mem stick access light flashed and then the PSP turned off. I took out the magic memory stick and the pandora battery, and then inserted the slim battery into the PSP slim. I turned on the PSP slim to check the firmware and it was still listed as 3.90. I read on a forum somewhere that I need to also hold "L" before putting in the pandora battery, so I did that. I then pressed "X", and still the firmware remains as 3.90. I just can't figure this thing out! I don't want to hard-mod my battery, since that can ruin it or lead to over-heating issues. I have researched this process for over 4 hours and I am becoming desperate and frustrated. Any suggestions?

Nevermind. Problem was fixed on a different forum. Thanks.

Thread Information