Thread: MapThis! WiFi Maps not loading?

DCEmu Newbie

Question MapThis! WiFi Maps not loading?

Ok I'm sure I'm just missing something but for some reason on any map I retrieve via wifi I can't load them. Basically my psp hangs for a bit with a "loading map" type message and then it just shuts off

I'm running cfw 4.01M33-2 and viewing the bundled maps I have no problems its just any other maps I'm having issues with.

Is there something I need to do to get the downloaded maps to load? or any advanced debugging flags that can be enabled or thrown to log whats failing on the load? If this has been covered somewhere else I apologize but I just couldn't find it. I'm just playing around with the maps reading portion for now ... my M1000 is "in the mail" along with a cable so this is all off-line right now.

help?

DCEmu Newbie

Replying to my own thread ... I downloaded a copy of mapViewer_v01 so I could get the scripts to run on my Linux laptop (I didn't see them in my 0.5.20 files). For some reason entering the parameters in the script worked fine and I uploaded my maps from there. When I checked the maps on the PSP that I downloaded via wifi all the png files were all just grey boxes

I must have typed something wrong. Now to figure out how to get an an entire city map

you better of finding a windows pc generating maps with gmdl program.
    The unix scripts have limitation on size: 1024x1024 tiles plus since they come as separate files it's take forever to upload them to memory stick..

DCEmu Newbie

I managed to convince my daughter to let me use her machine tonight so I should be all good. This app (not like you haven't heard this before) is amazing ... I can't wait to get my receiver. I've been playing around with POI files all lunch ... I love the configurability!!

Either way thanks deniska

Thread Information