The PSP is still sitting pretty at the top of the Japanese hardware chart this week.
There's a fair bit of distance between Sony's handheld and two Nintendo platforms, according to Media Create data, while the Wii and DS are just hundreds of sales apart.
In fourth place is PS3, with sales continuing to drop following the launch week Metal Gear Solid surge. The final tally was 17,973 unit, which is 2000 less than last week.
Significantly below is the ageing PS2, rumoured to be getting yet another redesign later this year.
And finally Xbox 360 did all right this week, relatively speaking. More than 5000 units were shifted - that's around double the usual figure.
The software chart points to Gundam: Operation Troy and Battlefield: Bad Company doing well for the platform.
1. PSP - 58,861
2. DS - 48,884
3. Wii - 48,480
4. PS3 - 17,973
5. PS2 - 7,673
6. Xbox 360 - 5,104
Overall the DS accounted for 24 games in the top 40, followed by Wii with nine, PSP with eight, PS2 with five, and Xbox 360 and PS3 with two
1. [NDS] Derby Stallion DS - 148,000
2. [WII] Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - 137,000
3. [NDS] Daigasso! Band Brothers DX - 120,000
4. [PS2] Shinseki Evangelion Pachislot Vol. 12 - 55,000
5. [NDS] Higurashi no Nakukoru ni Kizuna: Dai-Ichi-Kan - 55,000
6. [WII] Wii Fit - 34,000 / 2,292,000
7. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots - 34,000 / 566,000
8. [WII] Mario Kart Wii - 31,000 / 1,508,000
9. [WII] Super Mario Stadium Family Baseball - 31,000 / 89,000
10.  Gundam Operation Troy - 28,000
PSP is having luck. They will be out of the top in the next two weeks.
i agree JKKDARK, the d is going to be back on top in a couple weeks. let the psp fans get their hopes up, that will just make it more disappointing when Ninty releases a new ds console and annihilates the charts once again! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Eh, I dont even care if DS has already outsold PSP. PSP is definitely not a commercial failure (40 million!), and has much better homebrew than DS.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)