Thread: Using Geodata to do Address Lookups

DCEmu Newbie

Default Using Geodata to do Address Lookups

I managed to grab the maps for where I live (after borrowing a Windows machine to create them using GMDT) lol ... anyway I was just wondering what might prevent me from doing address lookups?
    If I load the map and put the cross-hair anywhere, I can do a reverse lookup and find the next nearest address. If I try to just look up an address I get no love, it never finds anything (exact or other match). I'm just wondering if because I'm in Canada it doesn't translate the fields properly? what I mean is it asks for 5 digit zip code when we have a 6 character postal code ... asks for State rather than province etc. Is it possible there is a data validation/rule set preventing MapThis from understanding the possible fields in the addresses?

When I look up an address (reverse) Here's an example of what I see:

Code:
    STREET LOOKUP :  NEARBY STREET  [    9M]
    200 OSLER ST,18283
    Does this mean it's interpreting or assigning 18283 as a zip code to a Canadian address? or should this have no effect on lookups?

Even if I specify this as an address (using 18283 as a zip code) I get no matches. Any Ideas?

DCEmu Pro

For normal lookup you should always provide a street, and optionally a number, city, etc.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    For normal lookup you should always provide a street, and optionally a number, city, etc.
    That was it!! just gave it a number and street and it brought it up its not quite in the right place but I dont know how the geodata gets it's coordinates either or if something _corrects_ itself once you're using a real receiver!!

Now if I can just put together the right stuff for getting the GMDT working under Linux or on MAC ... there's enough emulators ... something should work if I can get the .NET stuff working properly :thumbup:

Thread Information