Thread: Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator for PSP) Test Release 04/07/08

Blog Entries

psp Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator for PSP) Test Release 04/07/08

Jf has posted a release of the Mac Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Here's a test build. It's not meant to be used, it's for feedback on the GUI mainly. That doesn't mean it doesn't work - it boots my 8.0 CD just fine. It's just not usable yet due to limitations.

Ignore the crappy refresh routines - I'll be replacing them entirely in the next few days. I just used enough of a stretch blit to be able to see something to be certain the emu is running.

Currently, the analog stick is the mouse, with LTRIGGER/RTRIGGER as the buttons. The d-pad is the cursor keys, and X is ENTER. I'll eventually have denzef keyboard and pspirkeyb support, as well as the ability to remap the buttons when in that mode. As I mentioned, this is just a test.

The only volume you can select is the cdrom. You can select hardfiles, but they aren't remembered or used (yet). I'll put a floppy selector in there as well tomorrow or the next day.

The default directory for roms is "roms", the default dir for floppys is "disks" (and floppies should all have an extension of .dsk), the default dir for cdroms is "cdroms", and hardfiles is "hardfiles". It doesn't mean they HAVE to be in those directories, but that is where the file requester will go first.

I allow three Mac resolutions - 512x384, 640x480, and 768x576. You can select four different depths - 4bit, 8bit, 16bit, and 32bit. At the moment, the video is also hardcoded to only display on the LCD. I'll change that when I change the refresh routines.

The binary here is currently set for small memory so I could check how it would work on a phat - you can get up to 16M on a phat and 44M on the slim (not with this build - with a build set for large memory).

Anywho, here's the current test build and src arcs.

Download and give feedback via comments.

I know its a crazy request but is there any way that you could possible add support for at least Macos 9.0

The psp's ARM cpu is built on the same architecture as the PPC cpu and even using Panther should be possible. Though would require quite a deal of graphic optimizations so that the media cpu could emulate an 4mb or 8mb GPU. I'd love to have a $200 mac in my pocket.

Probable just going to hack an iPhone to T-Mobile. So much easier.

Just an Idea though! :thumbup:

Why is a slim build not included?

so what do i need to make this run?

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Jf has posted a release of the Mac Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Here's a test build. It's not meant to be used, it's for feedback on the GUI mainly. That doesn't mean it doesn't work - it boots my 8.0 CD just fine. It's just not usable yet due to limitations.

Ignore the crappy refresh routines - I'll be replacing them entirely in the next few days. I just used enough of a stretch blit to be able to see something to be certain the emu is running.

Currently, the analog stick is the mouse, with LTRIGGER/RTRIGGER as the buttons. The d-pad is the cursor keys, and X is ENTER. I'll eventually have denzef keyboard and pspirkeyb support, as well as the ability to remap the buttons when in that mode. As I mentioned, this is just a test.

The only volume you can select is the cdrom. You can select hardfiles, but they aren't remembered or used (yet). I'll put a floppy selector in there as well tomorrow or the next day.

The default directory for roms is "roms", the default dir for floppys is "disks" (and floppies should all have an extension of .dsk), the default dir for cdroms is "cdroms", and hardfiles is "hardfiles". It doesn't mean they HAVE to be in those directories, but that is where the file requester will go first.

I allow three Mac resolutions - 512x384, 640x480, and 768x576. You can select four different depths - 4bit, 8bit, 16bit, and 32bit. At the moment, the video is also hardcoded to only display on the LCD. I'll change that when I change the refresh routines.

The binary here is currently set for small memory so I could check how it would work on a phat - you can get up to 16M on a phat and 44M on the slim (not with this build - with a build set for large memory).

Anywho, here's the current test build and src arcs.

Download and give feedback via comments.

Sweet, hopefully this test release mean JF is close to finishing work on it. Then he can continue work on PSPUAE, .

This should also keep Wally 4000 happy, .

Great stuff JF

I really hope this keeps getting updated.

Keep it up!
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Thread Information