Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comparison Of Each Handheld Console Vs Gp2x For Emulation, zodiac, gba, ds, psp, gp3

Blog Entries

Default Comparison Of Each Handheld Console Vs Gp2x For Emulation, zodiac, gba, ds, psp, gp3

renejr902 posted his comparison of each handheld and which is best for emulation, heres his review:

I had most handheld console. This is my comparison between them. I will give them a rank by emulator console and a % of perfection comparing them with the real hardware and others emulators ( speed, stability, emulator options, strething option and quality, playability.) In fact, the more enjoyable emulator on the top 1.

NES EMULATOR ( considering the best nes emulator on each handheld)

1. Gba ( but you have to play it unscaled with sprite following the screen, its nice anyway) the more accurate emulator in speed. D-pad really enjoyable with nes emulator 95%

2. Gp2x and PsP. its a tie ( Gp2x suffer from his jostick digital. PSP suffer from ghostling and blur. Gp2x streching look nice with nes emulator (different strechted option). PSP too with bilinear filtering) 92%

3. Nintendo Ds ( need to play it unscaled a little too large, great speed) 90% ( you can always play it with the gba nes emulator

4. Zodiac ( play nice great filtering but suffer fomr a bad jostick) 85%

5. Gp32 ( its not fullspeed with lj nes emulator vwersion 0.4 you have to use v0.3 instead to get fullspeed. Fullstreching look a little weird) 83%

SUPER NES EMULATOR ( considering the best nes emulator on each handheld)

1. PSP ( best speed, grea bilinear filtering, most games playable at frameskip 0 or 1, Great D-pad) 95%

2. GP2x ( great speed , slower with transparency On, Fullscreen stretched look a little weird, digital jostick not great for emulation but its ok.) 92%

3. Zodiac ( great speed, alittle slower than the gp2x snes emulator, but very enjoyable, fullscreen filtering look really nice, but really bad jostick for snes emulation.

4. Nintendo Ds ( great speed with a lot of games, but No transparency.) But a lot of games very enjoyable, they are fullspeed. but a lot of games not playable too because no transprency. 85%

5. Gp32. ITs suck lol. Super Punchout playable with sound at frameskip 2. same thing with mario world.
    A lot of games run very slow.

6. GBA. At least a few games are playable fullspeed with no sound. a few of them have graphical glitch.

GENESIS/ Megadrive ( considering the best nes emulator on each handheld)

1. Wow GP2X. You want a real genesis hardware in your pocket, this is the best emulator on all handheld. Full speed for all games ( all games i tried, at 200 to 250 mhz). No ghostling, great color, real screen resolution 320 x 240. no need for stretching for a lot of games. because they are 320 x 240 like the gp2x. This emulator is awesome.

2. PSP and NINTENDO DS. Its a tie. ( you dont want to buy a gp2x but want a genesis emulator that runs fine. Buy the psp or Ds, the same give similar result. PSP: fullspeed with a few slow down or vsync not always perfecly accurate OR DS : fullspeed rare slowdown but sound bug sometimes. The 2 emulatorsa are really enjoyable.

3. Gp32 ( game playable at frameskip 1 with sound ) ( most of time 30 fps) a little faster than Zodiac. real resolution 320 x 240.

4. Zodiac ( games playable at frameskip 1 with sound) (20-30fps) better at frameskip 2. all fullscreen emu look nice on Zodiac with filtering.

5. GBA ??? is it exist

Gamegear/sms

1. PSP ( all games fullspeed great filtering fullscreen, Great D-pad)

2. Gp32 ( All games full stretched fullspeed with sms32 v0.5 not fsms32 (fsms32 not fullspeed when full strectched) Great playability, great jostick digital. i always love the gp32 jostick controller.

3. Gp2x and Zodiac A tie( Gp2x cant play games completely full streched, no option, jostick ok for games. All games fullspeed, more enjoyable than Ds and Gba) Zodiac great stretching , bad jostick, great speed.

4. Gba and DS a tie ( anyway the best emulator is the gba emulator. so you have to play the gamegear gba emulator on DS) Fullspeed for all games, small screen, great D-pad for ds and gba.

GAMEBOY mono and color emulator

1. PSP ( really prefer it. Fullspeed, full stretched with filtering look really nice, great brightness, great color palette, accurate speed, great emulator, great D-pad ( RIN emulator)

2. Gp2x ( Fullspeed, but speed not always accurate, great looking for full stretched, i dont like a lot the palette colors in any of the gb emulator. need progress here, if possible. Jostick ok.

3. Zodiac ( great speed, great looking fullscreen strched, bad jostick for emulator)

4. Gp32 ( not always fullspeed, too fast , too slow, but i didnt try the last version of fgb32 preview day because I CANT GET IT TO WORK GRRR !!! i tried the first version of fgb32. others emu dont runs great.) anyway more enjoyable than Ds and Gba

5. Gba and DS ( i use the gba emulator goomba for the 2 console. Fullspeed, but little screen to play.

For gameboy advance the gp emulator runs a lot better with PSP. in fact PSP seem to run all games at fullspeed with rarely need for frameskip. Gp2x runs slow with some games

i didnt play much the others emu to compare them between console

This is my favorites hnandheld for emulators.

1. PSP ( all emus runs great , really nice for emulation, its the best, ghostling is not so bad, hard to see when playing, but some blur)
    2. GP2x ( genesis emulator runs PERFECT, wow) (nes great too)others emu are good but not great like psp ones
    3. Gp32 and Nintendo Ds ( its a tie because love the fullspeed genesis emu on nintendo DS, and snes emulator runs better, others emu runs better on gp32
    4. Zodiac nothing bad with it all emu runs enjoyable but bad jostick.
    5. GBA ( yeah its fifth, but GBA HAS MY BEST NES EMULATOR OF ALL TIME) others emu are ok.

For me

NES = GBA
    SNES = PSP
    GENESIS = GP2X
    GamegearSMS = PSP or GP32
    Gameboy = PSP
    Gameboy advance = PSP

I SAID THE TRUTH , i hope it can help some people to do their choice depending the favorites emulators

agree or not via reply

I only disagree with the Genesis part.
    I wouldnt tie DS and PSP, after all, PSP has Sega CD Emulation, DS doesnt.

i disagree with the gameboy, psp does deserve to be up there, but the ds doesnt deserve to be last.

DCEmu Newbie

meh this reeks of inaccuracies and broken English.

DCEmu Rookie

Yeah the DS genesis has came a long way but the psp's is much better in my opinion. The screen is not cropped on the psp either, and the sound is much better emulated.

On nesterJ i don't notice any blur, can anyone point me to a game/example of it?

I disagree about GB/GBC emulation for DS- this guy obviously hasn't tried Lameboy.

best handheld emus are on PSP hell yeah

No one will get all the systems anyway :/

DCEmu Pro

its OK, once i get my Pandora console i will have a hand-held that will own the emulation scoreboards!

DCEmu Newbie

Kinda lame comparison.

The GP32 Gameboy emulator (FGB32 F-Day) Is the best GB emulator I saw for ages.

Eviltaco64, GP2X is the first handheld with SegaCD emulation.

And I don't know how is posible to say that a panoramic system is the best way to emulate classic 4/3 system games.

And the best SMS/GG emulator for GP2X run all games fullspeed while underclocked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information