Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

DCEmu Newbie

delete above spam please

DCEmu Newbie

Hi ^^V

I'm not american...so sorry for my english...

well.. im trying to play a video in geexbox and the video don't run correctly...
    this is the specification...

General #0
    Complete name : Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_Renewal_01.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4 version 1 / MPEG-4
    Family : MPEG-4
    File size : 69.8 MiB
    PlayTime : 23mn 21s
    Bit rate : 418 Kbps

Video #0
    Codec : H.264
    Info : H.264 (3GPP)
    PlayTime : 23mn 20s
    Bit rate : 2957 Kbps
    Width : 720
    Height : 528
    Aspect ratio : 4/3
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.324
    Size : 64255880

Audio #0
    Codec : AAC LC
    PlayTime : 23mn 21s
    Bit rate : 49 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 24 KHz
    StreamSize : 8503073

when i play the video run slooooooowly and then tha audio goes fast and its a mess...

i converted to a new mp4 h264 video with 640x480 size and then the video ran good... can be the size of the video? o.o

'coz it takes at least 1hour to convert, and i watch a 20 minutes video... anything that i can do? o.o

thanx ^^V

DCEmu Newbie

kwijiboWII, I am having the same problem with smb support. After trying a few things, I eventually went with http instead as a workaround, and it works great. I haven't done this in a while on windows, but for mac users just turn on web sharing and drop the videos you want into your sites folder. Then you can edit the conf file to have a few entries like this, replacing ip address and username of course:

stream = http://ip-address/~username/movie.avi

It's a workaround, anyway. r0n, great job so far, looking forward to the next release!

DCEmu Newbie

The SD card support is flawless. Couple this with ftpii and this is a decent solution.

The USB hard drive video support is not usable for me. Even with the USB read ahead cache the results seem to be bad. Smaller video files seem to run choppy longer before crashing than larger files. With that being said, all USB video files end up causing a core dump to the screen for me.

For now I will stick for SD card and ftpii, but I'm looking forward improved USB performance and >700MB fix. Keep up the good work!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by folderol4 View Post
    The SD card support is flawless. Couple this with ftpii and this is a decent solution.

The USB hard drive video support is not usable for me. Even with the USB read ahead cache the results seem to be bad. Smaller video files seem to run choppy longer before crashing than larger files. With that being said, all USB video files end up causing a core dump to the screen for me.

For now I will stick for SD card and ftpii, but I'm looking forward improved USB performance and >700MB fix. Keep up the good work!
    The USB speed problem is in libfat/libogc, I'm study the sources and I think the problem is in usbstorage.c but is hard to find it, I haven't a usbgecko to debug. I'm measuring the time in functions with gettick to find bottle neck, and seems the problem is in __cycle
    Any help is appreciated, svenp is on holidays so I can't get help from him

Great program, yay!
    Issues I've found:
    Matroska (.MKV) files close after a few seconds, and always play in 4:3 even if they're widescreen

If you unplug the nunchuck from the wiimote, video goes a bit off-center

Suggestions for Future Releases:
    Include Closed Captions (for formats such as MKV)

Put in some sort of file browser so you can put files wherever you want/make an option in the configuration for where you want your files. Seriously, the root of an SD card will get crowded. Also, when you implement this, you should also make sure it can look in hidden folders for the unlucky people with iPods who want to play their music on their Wii.

And a GUI would be nice too, but I'm fine with the text. You don't see it much anyway.

DCEmu Newbie

I tried downloading the source linked out on the Wiibrew wiki but I only see a usbstorage.h. I don't see usbstorage.c.

I guess the issue is the data rate incoming through the libfat USB connection is not fast enough to properly double buffer the video/audio?

I wanted to add that way way down the line this could be somewhat close to an Apple TV. A fancy Apple TV menu would be outstanding.
    Last edited by folderol4; August 11th, 2008 at 03:46.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by folderol4 View Post
    I tried downloading the source linked out on the Wiibrew wiki but I only see a usbstorage.h. I don't see usbstorage.c.

I guess the issue is the data rate incoming through the libfat USB connection is not fast enough to properly double buffer the video/audio?

I wanted to add that way way down the line this could be somewhat close to an Apple TV. A fancy Apple TV menu would be outstanding.

usbstorage.c is in libogc/libogc is not in libfat (you must use last cvs from sourceforge)
    The actual usb speed in libogc is 60kb/s => 0.5Mb/s but the real speed is 250kb/s => 2Mb/s (USB 1.1), in wiilinux you have 2Mb/s so geexbox works fine fine usb.
    Last edited by rodries; August 11th, 2008 at 09:49.

DCEmu Newbie

Finally I found the problem with USB.

At now I have 7Mb/s with my test.

And I optimized libfat to open the file faster, so mplayer begin to play inmediately, you don't have to wait to begin decompression.

My modifications has been done with my usb device so I recommend only use for reading and not for writting.

fcobier give me a email to send you my compiled vesion of libogc and libfat to do the test with mplayer. My email rodries_at_gmail_dot_com
    If all works fine I'll comment to you my changes, but I prefer not to do public until sven come back from holidays, I'd like that sven review my changes, perhaps my changes are dangerous for writting.
    Regards.

DCEmu Newbie

Sounding good rodries! Nice work.

Thread Information