Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    Well I got mine new, took it out of the box, plugged it straight in and it worked.

If yours isn't working then try reformating to a diffrent format (either fat16 or fat32).
    Tried both. I think you were lucky, maybe your hard drive is one of the compatible ones.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Qualith View Post
    Making a beautiful menu while the core is so buggy is a nonsense, so we are not going to walk this way.

Anyway, when a full graphic menu was developed by any user (like bufke is doing), it will be included in a new release.

What is sure is that we have to mix all modded versions into only one to join efforts.

My focus is to release a DVD + SDHC + Random/Sequential-play release, as all the work is done yet.
    Any better external harddrive compatibility.

My focus is to release a DVD + SDHC + Random/Sequential-play release
    Sounds just the ticket
    Mplayer wii has problems trying to locate USB devices, unlike Geexbox, nevermind
    Last edited by djdynamite123; November 11th, 2008 at 16:40.

DCEmu Newbie

I have the 3-in-1 running now.
    But I have problems with sequential play: Randomly, it crashes with exception DSI at jumping to next file.

Stay tunned.

I have the 3-in-1 running now.
    But I have problems with sequential play: Randomly, it crashes with exception DSI at jumping to next file.

Stay tunned.
    Cool
    hope there is a fix, all thought the random play and sequential isn't that important, but hopefully gets fixed

Do you recon once you've got it running well, there will be a chance there could be a slight menu change or just a background

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation Video playback problem

Hi tipolosko and Qualith ! ...

First of all, your application with DVD support rocks :thumbup: ! ... now here comes the problem:

When I tried to play videos with better video resolution (more than 720x480) the application give an error (some line codes) and it gets stuck.

It's not a videofile problem, because I play the same videofile (1280x720) using another media player (geexbox).

Is there some way to fix that problem ?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all, I have a little problem im hoping someone can help me with, I recently bought a wii lan usb adaptor and it works fine for homebrew and the internet channel and so on but as soon as i try to use mplayerwii 0.7 and try to play the test.mp3 file it just wont play, (it works fine with wifi)

basically it comes up giving me a message saying network initialised but then says my IP is CF4xCFAf

any ideas? really dont want to have to buy another usb lan adaptor.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by trouty00 View Post
    Hi all, I have a little problem im hoping someone can help me with, I recently bought a wii lan usb adaptor and it works fine for homebrew and the internet channel and so on but as soon as i try to use mplayerwii 0.7 and try to play the test.mp3 file it just wont play, (it works fine with wifi)

basically it comes up giving me a message saying network initialised but then says my IP is CF4xCFAf

any ideas? really dont want to have to buy another usb lan adaptor.
    I think that there is a problem with usb initialization in usbstorage that disable usb lan, but I can not test it, i only use wifi. I think that if you initialize network before fat all problems are solved, but I'm not sure. The problem is that you have to wait to initialize network though you are not going to use nework. You can try to recompile application changing initialization order.

I've compiled a mplayerwii version with latest libogc(sdhc) and dvd with read ahead cache, now i have 3300kb/s transfer rate and all films that i've tested are working, but i think that we have to wait that tipolosko end joilet implementation to publish it, probably in a few days.

I've compiled a mplayerwii version with latest libogc(sdhc) and dvd with read ahead cache, now i have 3300kb/s transfer rate and all films that i've tested are working, but i think that we have to wait that tipolosko end joilet implementation to publish it, probably in a few days.
    brilliant, hope after its been released, use can manage a small interface or something

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rodries View Post
    I think that there is a problem with usb initialization in usbstorage that disable usb lan, but I can not test it, i only use wifi. I think that if you initialize network before fat all problems are solved, but I'm not sure. The problem is that you have to wait to initialize network though you are not going to use nework. You can try to recompile application changing initialization order.

Hmm, I have taken a look at the template.c file and can kind of understand what its doing but no idea how i would go about compiling it. Is there any plans for smb share support, I've been using geexbox which does some of what i want to do but that needs usb lan which is what bought me back to mplayer to do the usb lan testing as im having issues.

Basically I was trying to play an internet mp3 file (rontest.mp3) from geexbox using the usb lan but it never works but using the mplayerwii and playing rontest with the wifi i have no issues.

essentially im trying to figure out where the problem lies but from what your saying there are known issues with mplayer and the usb lan so unless i can recompile the app i cant really complete my testing.

If Mplayer plans to implement smb shares and can look in directories then i will just wait for that, I can use an external HD for now i guess.

Thread Information