Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

DCEmu Newbie

This is the best app I have used on the WII!!!!!

Your the king

I am using a USB stick with about 8 divx files on and they are top quality. Can I attach a usb hard drive to the WII and play files from that without killing my WII?

I have installed the wad as a channel (which is fantastic) but how do I set the settings in the mplayerwii.conf after its a WII channel?

Should I do this before I install it?

Cheers once again.

I'm having some problems here

I have tried with a 2gb usb stick to play some videos, several different codecs and formats, but every time I try to load one the screen will just stay black, the Wii frozen and the stick like its being read by the program.

I left it for like 5 minutes with each video and there was no response.

Any idea on why is this happening?

I am using a USB stick with about 8 divx files on and they are top quality. Can I attach a usb hard drive to the WII and play files from that without killing my WII?
    no you can use a HDD drive wont harm a thing
    also as a wii channel, you just require your normal config on root of SD like the app

also the guy above, maybe it doesn't supprt that flash drive, try a different one or use GeeXbox to mount it

DCEmu Newbie

Just signed up to say thanks to rodries for working on these mplayer releases.

And a little request... if it's possible to automatically return to menu when the video freezes and the sound goes into that crazy buzzing loop, so we don't have to restart the wii and navigate our way back to mplayer.

Thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

Did someone try the speed of ethernet/usb ? To know if its better to use ethernet for video, or it is also limited by usb chipset ?
    BTW, geexbox seems to be able to use ethernet, video start faster with it or not ?

Because, im borred of 30-60s of waiting for each video i load, without possibility to stop it so ... maybe its time to buy ethernet connectivity, only if it is really faster

DCEmu Newbie

Hi.

I've been using MPlayer wii for a few days now and have to say that it is the best player of the few that are available. It loads fast and plays my content just fine.
    It seems like you are sorting out the limitations and bugs and it is becoming more and more stable. The SMB browsing is a must-have for me.

Maybe it's time to put a GUI on? I'd like to see something really simple and "wii-like" for a change (in the homebrew scene). I created a mock-up just for fun based on the tango icon-theme and the MPlayer logo. I think something like this would fit nicelly on top of the existing functionality and wouldn't require too many changes to the base functionality. What do you think?

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9...db6fb9a8902bda

DCEmu Newbie

Hi

Finally smb is working on mac.
    Thanks to Ludovic Orban that found the bug in protocol negotiation.

In a few hours I'll send the fixes to shagkur who will commit to devkitpro svn.

I'll try to modify mplayer source to get compiled using latest libraries, but I have to test usb speed on mplayer using new libfat.

When I finish it I'll upload a mplayer binary to test it.

DCEmu Newbie

Okay, here's a suggestion:How about allowing for slightly larger resolutions (of course, still scaled down to the screen size). I have some Naruto and Bleach fansubs which are 848x480 (apparently 480P, 16:9, rounded down to the nearest multiple of 8). I even have some Fist of the Blue Sky fansubs which are 860x474. Of course this is a completely insane resolution (especially since the fansubs claim to be off of DVD, which doesn't have that resolution), but it would still be nice to play them. Right now, trying to play these overly large resolutions just makes the program hang or crash.

I'm not asking for something that's so large there might not be enough CPU to decode it, just something slightly bigger to account for weird sizes.

DCEmu Newbie

sco, I was working on a gui, the source is on the google code site and someone posted a binary several pages back in the thread. I got stuck however on some things. If built from the latest source it is capable of loading media, its just very buggy and unfinished.

http://code.google.com/p/mplayerwii/

DCEmu Newbie

this is a good app for playing avi files. i tried wmv and mkv but i get the same error code (source dump or something) and im still trying mp4... this is one of the best apps for the homebrew channel but it is still in the early stage. Good luck on the next updates!

Thread Information