Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

DCEmu Newbie

WMV 720p Trailers from gametrailers.com crash the player.

Quote Originally Posted by lost101 View Post
    WMV 720p Trailers from gametrailers.com crash the player.
    The Wii only outputs at 480i or 480p. Just use the SD versions and convert to DivX using Dr. DivX and you should be good to go. (Not very time-consuming even on a slower machine.)

DCEmu Newbie

Default http streaming

Hi,

i finally found some time to have a look at your mplayer port (i tried the same thing a few months ago and failed greatly :P). Seems to work like a charm for me except that it seems to crash a lot when you start seeking in the stream but that's ok for now didn't see any crash so far when i omitted seeking. Great job.

But i found that it is currently limited to sd card playing which is NOT acceptable for a lazy person like me. So i had a look at the code and even increased the mess you did :P as a result it seems as if i enabled http streaming \o/

This seems to work ok. For some reason i had to disable caching (didn't dig into that yet). That's why it is probably a bit slow at some points. But anyway it seems to work and i finally could watch movies without moving \o/

The problem: You can't browse your files as it would be possible with CIFS support :| So you need an explicit location. I wondered how to enter a location in your UI without having a keyboard. Thought about libosk but that's C++ and i am not sure if that's a way you want to go.

For testing purposes i hardcoded the location in your tunelist to my linux computer

Attaching files here in this forum is a mess. It keeps telling me that it exceeds my quota.

Patches can be found here:

http://wiibrew.org/w/images/5/5c/Mpl...ng-patches.zip

Beware: My C is far away from being perfect And you will have to modify the Makefile to point to your devkitppc again

The network initialisation was stolen from ftpii. Just copy/paste

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by mop666 View Post
    Hi,

i finally found some time to have a look at your mplayer port (i tried the same thing a few months ago and failed greatly :P). Seems to work like a charm for me except that it seems to crash a lot when you start seeking in the stream but that's ok for now didn't see any crash so far when i omitted seeking. Great job.

But i found that it is currently limited to sd card playing which is NOT acceptable for a lazy person like me. So i had a look at the code and even increased the mess you did :P as a result it seems as if i enabled http streaming \o/

This seems to work ok. For some reason i had to disable caching (didn't dig into that yet). That's why it is probably a bit slow at some points. But anyway it seems to work and i finally could watch movies without moving \o/

The problem: You can't browse your files as it would be possible with CIFS support :| So you need an explicit location. I wondered how to enter a location in your UI without having a keyboard. Thought about libosk but that's C++ and i am not sure if that's a way you want to go.

For testing purposes i hardcoded the location in your tunelist to my linux computer

Attaching files here in this forum is a mess. It keeps telling me that it exceeds my quota.

Patches can be found here:

http://wiibrew.org/w/images/5/5c/Mpl...ng-patches.zip

Beware: My C is far away from being perfect And you will have to modify the Makefile to point to your devkitppc again

The network initialisation was stolen from ftpii. Just copy/paste
    Awesome! I was actually looking into adding simple HTTP streaming next. Don't worry about the cleanliness of your changes, I'll look into them and clean that up

For the location of the HTTP streams, I think an easy config file on the SD card will do fine.
    Last edited by fcorbier; July 13th, 2008 at 16:08.

DCEmu Newbie

not sure if this has been reported yet, but i was watching a standard xvid dvdrip last night, and the movie was cut short by about 10 minutes. i checked out the video on my computer, and it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by buvk View Post
    i was watching a standard xvid dvdrip last night, and the movie was cut short by about 10 minutes.

This happened to me, too!

I was watching a 115min video file and the player just stopped at minute ~100.

Afterwards, I just played the file again and seeked to the same position -> It stopped again.

Maybe a fragmentation problem

-------------

Another issue I encountered: (which could be a general issue with homebrew, I don't know..)

I have a PAL standard TV with a PAL Wii.

When I set the Wii into 60 Hz mode, the whole output of MPlayer is stretched vertically!

People in videos have "coneheads" and I can hardly read the title "MPlayer 0.02...." in the main menu. (+ the text at the bottom)

In 50 Hz mode, there are no issues at all! Perfectly fine

Any explanations?

DCEmu Newbie

You do realize that PAL is meant to run at 50hz right? NTSC is the one that runs at 60hz

"...The term PAL is often used informally to refer to a 625-line/50 Hz..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

DCEmu Coder

Updated to v0.03:
    -happy french bastille day!
    -added USB storage support (USB reading is dead slow unfortunately, only good for MP3 files)
    -added volume controls (Up/Down buttons on the wiimote)
    -added wiimote buttons repeat during playback
    -added preliminary test network streaming (shoutcast and mms)
    -longer filename display in the file selection screen
    -fix for widescreen aspect ratio (uses the Wii display settings)
    -more audio playback fixes

DCEmu Newbie

@fcorbier: Great update! Keep up the good work.

DCEmu Newbie

hello
    I've done a very little change to activate cache on usb. The problem is that you only can activate one cache, it's odd but with mplayer if you activate cache for sd and for usb the system crash, this only happen with mplayer. So the fix it's activate the cache when you select the play device.
    I remount the fat partition, so yo can change your sd card or your usb pendrive and reload the files.

With or without cache, usb is slow.

Sorry about my english, I'm spanish.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yztodqpywmn

fcorbier and mop666: Great work!
    Last edited by rodries; July 14th, 2008 at 08:52.

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information