Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by rodries View Post
    hello
    I've done a very little change to activate cache on usb. The problem is that you only can activate one cache, it's odd but with mplayer if you activate cache for sd and for usb the system crash, this only happen with mplayer. So the fix it's activate the cache when you select the play device.
    I remount the fat partition, so yo can change your sd card or your usb pendrive and reload the files.
    Thanks! I'll apply your patch for the next version.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello. I am having display issues with your mplayer port. I have entered a bug report into the wiibrew wiki page for the homebrew channel, since the HBC also exhibits the exact same display problem as your mplayer port.

You can read about the issue here:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Cha...splay_Problems

The problem is present in all 3 versions of mplayerwii.

Thankyou for the time you have put into porting. :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

First of all, thanks for the nice port, it's great!

Compilation with the latest devkitpro failed with two errors and I was only able to compile when I commented two lines out.

these two,
    if(!fatSetDefaultInterface(PI_USBSTORAGE))

fatEnableReadAhead(PI_INTERNAL_SD, 64, 32768/512);

first line complains with the PI_USBSTORAGE is not defined. and the next line can't find the fatEnableReadAhead function.

Probably I need to change the makefile but how?

Anyway, commenting the above lines I was able to change the testing shoutcast server address, compile and run. it plays the shoutcast streaming smoothly

I was not lucky with the mms streaming though. What should be the specification of the streamed video? ( I tested using vlc with different formats, no success )

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, would just like to say thanks for all your hard work on this piece of homebrew. It's amazing.

Secondly, seeing as the program scans for a USB device at the start...I use an unofficial USB to ethernet connector to connect to the net on my wii. But if this is plugged in the program just gives me the "Exception (DSI) occurred" however if I unplug the connector, load the program then plug it in again. It works fine streaming the audio from the net. Any chance of a fix for this?

If not it's fine, it's not too much hassle having to unplug it to use such a great piece of software.

Also will it be possible in the future to run video from a usb device at full speed? Is it just a matter of getting the coding right?

EDIT: Something to note, if I plug both a USB storage device in at the same time as my ethernet to USB connector the program loads fine and streams audio fine. If that's any help.
    Last edited by cf2; July 15th, 2008 at 00:01.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by WiiCrazy View Post
    First of all, thanks for the nice port, it's great!

Compilation with the latest devkitpro failed with two errors and I was only able to compile when I commented two lines out.

these two,
    if(!fatSetDefaultInterface(PI_USBSTORAGE))

fatEnableReadAhead(PI_INTERNAL_SD, 64, 32768/512);
    Yeah, that's normal. You need the latest CVS version of libogc/libfat with the patches for the read-ahead cache available on the devkitpro sourceforge patches page:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...05&atid=668553

I was not lucky with the mms streaming though. What should be the specification of the streamed video? ( I tested using vlc with different formats, no success )
    mms streaming is very experimental for now. I need to enable the cache in mplayer for it in order to work properly and smoothly.
    Last edited by fcorbier; July 15th, 2008 at 02:15.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by cf2 View Post
    Hi, would just like to say thanks for all your hard work on this piece of homebrew. It's amazing.

Secondly, seeing as the program scans for a USB device at the start...I use an unofficial USB to ethernet connector to connect to the net on my wii. But if this is plugged in the program just gives me the "Exception (DSI) occurred" however if I unplug the connector, load the program then plug it in again. It works fine streaming the audio from the net. Any chance of a fix for this?

If not it's fine, it's not too much hassle having to unplug it to use such a great piece of software.
    Yeah, I need to fix the bug in libogc. That should be in the next version.

Also will it be possible in the future to run video from a usb device at full speed? Is it just a matter of getting the coding right?
    Not sure, sven (who wrote the usb code in libfat/libogc) said the Wii apparently supports only USB1.1 and that slow reading speed is there to stay.

So it's not a bug in the MPlayerWii code. But maybe eventually someone will provide a faster usb implementation, maybe with the new hacked firmwares, who knows...

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for answering me . Keep this program going, it's my fave homebrew so far!

DCEmu Newbie

Fantastic v0.03 Update :thumbup: ! ...

Now, I can play MPEG-2 files @ 3600Kbps perfectly, without the blocky images ! ...

By the way, could you add some option for stretch 4:3 videos on a widescreen? ... that would be nice !

This is amazing! I love watching Sailor Moon on my Wii now!

But do you think that it might be possible to include a feature to adjust the "screen" position? Cause most standard CRT television sets "cut-off" a portion of the sides on the screen. Cause I'm having a difficult time trying to read subtitles on my videos. XD

I know that this is a port of a media player that didn't have this kind of feature. I was just curious to know if that it might be possible to include this...

Great app. It awesome how so many people are colaborating to help fcorbier add these features. Keep it up!

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information