Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

DCEmu Newbie

Hey fcorbier, did you notice my post on the image quality???

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Moose View Post
    do you think that it might be possible to include a feature to adjust the "screen" position? Cause most standard CRT television sets "cut-off" a portion of the sides on the screen. Cause I'm having a difficult time trying to read subtitles on my videos. XD

I know that this is a port of a media player that didn't have this kind of feature. I was just curious to know if that it might be possible to include this...
    Oh you mean a 'crop' feature during playback. So that you can crop the video playback to a given aspect ratio that fits better for fullscreen. VLC has this... and yes, mplayer does not have that feature to my knowledge. However, it DOES have the option to set the aspect ratio before playback. It can even be set in the config file, along with most command line options.

Config file support would seem to be the next logical step, particularly when dealing with subtitles and multiple audio tracks.

Also, fcorbier, I would like to know if you missed my previous post or if you read it? That's all. I just want to verify that you are at the very least aware of it if nothing more. Thanks.
    Last edited by Flark; July 15th, 2008 at 10:48.

DCEmu Coder

I read most of the posts. If I don't answer, it's probably because I don't know how to fix it.

Since the code is available, you could ask someone who knows better about Wii hardware to take a look at it and/or fix it.

This is awesome! Well done.

How can I go about helping you create a better user interface? I can create all the graphics for you.

Hopefully this is only the beginning? I am currently using SMS to stream movies from my computer to my PS2, but would prefer to use my Wii because of the better video quality.

I've tried it with an MP3, AVI (XviD) and a H.264 M4V that I made for my iPod Touch. It played them all really well, though it ignored the subtitle track on the M4V.

Also, I'd like to see:
    embedded and external subtitle support
    screen positioning and stretching/zoom
    network support (samba?)
    file browser/selector

Thanks again
    Last edited by emsef; July 15th, 2008 at 15:03. Reason: wish list

fcorbier, the aspect ratio issue on SDTVs got worse now with v0.03!

I'm viewing a 624x352 avi file.

In PAL 60 Hz mode (480i), the image is stretched vertically a little bit, so that people have "coneheads, eggheads".

In PAL 50 Hz mode (576i), the image is squezed vertically, so that people have round faces now!

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyface66 View Post
    fcorbier, the aspect ratio issue on SDTVs got worse now with v0.03!

I'm viewing a 624x352 avi file.

In PAL 60 Hz mode (480i), the image is stretched vertically a little bit, so that people have "coneheads, eggheads".

In PAL 50 Hz mode (576i), the image is squezed vertically, so that people have round faces now!

Sorry, no idea how to fix your problem. I only have a NTSC SD here and the ratio is fine. Tried with different video files?

Quote Originally Posted by Flark View Post
    Oh you mean a 'crop' feature during playback. So that you can crop the video playback to a given aspect ratio that fits better for fullscreen. VLC has this... and yes, mplayer does not have that feature to my knowledge. However, it DOES have the option to set the aspect ratio before playback. It can even be set in the config file, along with most command line options.

Config file support would seem to be the next logical step, particularly when dealing with subtitles and multiple audio tracks.
    Oh!! Okay, I understand. [:

Cause I only need to adjust it a little bit. (about 3/4 of an inch upwards)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Flark View Post

Also, fcorbier, I would like to know if you missed my previous post or if you read it? That's all. I just want to verify that you are at the very least aware of it if nothing more. Thanks.
    erm to my knowledge mplayer should have way more features than vlc mplayer is older than vlc and the devs are concentrating on features instead of useless UIs

mplayer has a -vf options to apply video filters (though i never used or at least never had to use them on linux)

the mplayer wii stuff doesn't do much more than executing the "real" mplayer with a fixed argument list so if you know a bit of C you should be able to apply all the video filters (including crop as far as i know) (check http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html). Although i never tested that and you might of course encounter errors on the wii and it might even be unsupported currently. If you know a bit of C just test it

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mop666 View Post
    mplayer has a -vf options to apply video filters (though i never used or at least never had to use them on linux)
    oh. me neither, obviously.

to my knowledge mplayer should have way more features than vlc mplayer is older than vlc and the devs are concentrating on features instead of useless UIs
    that's one of the reasons I like it so much. have you tried Pymp? It has a simple editor for the mplayer config file combined with a cute minimal playlist style interface (you can drag and drop files into it) which simply launches mplayer. Very useful for both music and video. http://jdolan.dyndns.org/trac/wiki/Pymp

the mplayer wii stuff doesn't do much more than executing the "real" mplayer
    yup.

so if you know a bit of C you should be able to apply all the video filters (including crop as far as i know) (check http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html). Although i never tested that and you might of course encounter errors on the wii and it might even be unsupported currently. If you know a bit of C just test it
    I might give it a try one of these days. Thanks. But... I hope I won't need to once mplayerwii is matured.
    Last edited by Flark; July 15th, 2008 at 22:14.

DCEmu Newbie

I just wanted to add that if you have a widescreen and you want to change the aspect ratio, you can change it from the wii settings from widescreen to standard. This will make it so that standard def. videos are stretched to fill the display on a widescreen.

It is a silly solution but it does work since as fcorbier pointed out, mplayerwii is now using the wii display settings. Some people might not like it though since it can be an annoyance to see people's heads stretched horizontally. :rofl:

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information