Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

anyone know how i get smb working with geexbox??

DCEmu Newbie

Hi!

I have configured my .conf file so that it points in to a shared folder. When I press smb://192.168.xx.xxx/folder in Mplayer the network sets up and everything is going great.

Now to my question: Why can't I find my files after I've done that.? When I press the smb://.... ones more it justs move me up to "Play files from the SD card".

DCEmu Newbie

If samba is now indeed working, that is great news. I don't really have the time to test an inifinite number of halfpatched versions though. I will wait for mplayerwii 0.8 :P Any heads up on that? And bugfixing? Just me thinking that ironing out bugs should be no1 priority? Not that reading files from dvd isn't good, but having mplayer actually play all supported formas without error is more important, IMHO.

DCEmu Newbie

Well it seems better than before when streaming Shoutcast video NSV streams. Before it would list lots of errors slowly but now it still shows all the errors but really fast so it doesn't end up crashing, well not often, there's still a few crashes now and again.

There's one thing this is missing that I'd like and that's a repeat button. If I lose a connection to a shoutcast stream using winamp it will auto reconnect, this just goes back to the black screen with your list of streams.

Now to my question: Why can't I find my files after I've done that.? When I press the smb://.... ones more it justs move me up to "Play files from the SD card".
    re click on it, it will direct you into your share folder, sometimes i happens to me, you click it it says "network initialising wii ip........." then it returns to ply from sd, so you have to re-click it! then your there, like i said happens once or twice with me

smb://192.168.xx.xxx/folder
    you need to have it like this

# The format is:
    # smb://[user]:[password]@[ip address]/[folder]/[file]

i have mine set up like this, as i dont have a user password, so heres mine well similar :P
    stream = smb://DJ [email protected]/films/

# End of file

you need to make a folder in root C drive called films and make it netowrk shared/
    then it will work

Please someone help me test geexbox samba, how do i line it in netstream in geexbox...help?

any look mate?
    Last edited by djdynamite123; November 21st, 2008 at 15:57.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi.

Thanks djdynamite123, now it works. A few problems though. I've tested a few movies now and the all seem to hack after a few minutes. When I pause the movies for one minute or so they go on like normal for a few minutes more. Read ahead cache not enough?

Thank you for all your work Rodries - a few corrections and this app will be absolutely fantastic.

DCEmu Newbie

I've updated google code svn
    http://code.google.com/p/mplayerwii

r19
    - Improved samba speed
    - Increased network Mplayer cache (8M)

mplayer compiled
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ttqdcmw2qiy

Note:
    the wii wifi is very very bad
    lost a lot of packets, and in each packet you have to wait 500ms to recover from lost packet, so wifi is not good for watching films

Max speed using wifi: 430kb/s
    but sometimes if i repeat the test go 300kb/s, is very unstable

Not tested usb-ethernet, i haven't

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rodries View Post
    So, does Geexbox support HI-RES videos?
    Yes, it does, but the HI-RES video playback is very slow. For example, I tested a 1280x720 videofile and the geexbox gets very lazy (slow playback, FPS lost) ...

Maybe later you will find some method for enable HI-RES video playback... meanwhile, you're doing a great job :thumbup: !!!

DCEmu Newbie

Rodries - I just watched a movie with your r19 update - very good - no interruptions what so ever.

Your are indeed doing a good job - keep up! What's the progress in adding subtitles?

can anyone help me test geexbox smb, how do i do it?

Thread Information