Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

Quote Originally Posted by semkras View Post
    sanderevers ,I think subtitles is in place already, just rename .sub file with same name as avi in same directory .
    Tested that already with both srt and sub files, not working.

DCEmu Newbie

I have a few questions, searching didn't turn up any results...
    Firstly, does mplayer-wii support playing from DVDs?
    And does it support wifi?

This version of Mplayer doesn't support DVDs. It does have some wi-fi support.

There is a dvdlib version of Mplayer that can play DVDs
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer

I don't think either can play xvid files that are stored on a DVD.

DCEmu Newbie

This app is just great. Finally able to watch my movies on my TV again. Then I don't have to buy Popcorn Hour just yet.

I don't really care that much for a GUI, but samba-browsing would be great. So hard to walk from my wii to my fileserver and back. :P

This app is great! I got carried away and started doodling an on screen display and made a kind of Wii stylised one as an idea...

I did a mockup too

DCEmu Newbie

Some issues:
    1 Accessing file on a password-protected samba share does not work (followed instructions in configfile). Will try more to morrow, including connecting to a share that is not password protected
    2 It has some color/pixel issues on one movie. Diagonal weirdness. Axxo dvdrip, so the file should be OK and correctly encoded.
    3 Halfway trough a movie, it just stopped, and went back to the file menu. Same problem is reported previous in the thread, I noticed.
    4 Searching does not work. It will be OK for some seconds, then the screen will become empty, and after some seconds annoying noise comes. Have to turn the Wii off manually. Neither is there a search bar or anything.

In my opinion, no3 is the worst bug. I can have some films ready to watch in case a couple does not work, so that is not a really major issue but having a film just stop halfway trough is annoying. Especially when searching does not work.

Keep up the good work, though. I like where this is going.

Well I've literaly just watched an avi movie and an episode of Heroes and it played spot on!

I've not had the bug of a movie quit out before while playing like Naguz posted but on the previous release if i paused for too long and restarted it would sometimes quit out? ..I've not replicated the bug again on this latest release yet though but will let you know if it happens again.

In a future release a GUI like nick666 knocked up would be great but I guess ironing out any bugs first is the priority.

So far so good though as this is shaping up to be a fantastic app.
    Last edited by Baboon; October 11th, 2008 at 22:50.

Well, there doesn't seem to be many problem with avi files, it all works great. couple of files here and there I can understand, but this new update unfortunately makes some files unplayable, one way or another. I've managed to play some of them that play with weird [QUOTE]color/pixel issues...Diagonal weirdness...QUOTE] by resizing the video . Others however are left unplayable since they always result in a code dump immidiately after opening. for me, these problems mostly appeared with wmv files. Oh, and also, mp4's became out of sync, pretty badly actually. I rolled back to version .6 (and it fixed all problems, though some wmvs gradually get out of sync as it plays), though I didn't want to, since the On screen display was something I had been wishing or the very day i both found/instsalled, and un installed .7. I'm very grateful for the work that's been done towards this software, and will be patiently waiting for a newer version that better sees these problems. Good job otherwise though, amazing work.

I tested another avi movie last night and it didn't play so good. I had a light green bar on the bottom of the screen plus many purple colored pixel lines in the middle of the screen. I stopped the movie (the film 'Heat') as it wasn't worth watching in this state.

I tried the same movie on my modded xbox and also my pc and it plays fine on them?

DCEmu Newbie

Tried to watch another Axxo release tody (Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull[2008]DvDrip-aXXo), with the same result: strange colours diagonally on the screen, and a green field at the bottom. Even though I have only tested two axxo-releases yet, I would guess the result would be the same with them all - they are encoded oretty much the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by fcorbier View Post
    v0.07 released - fixes color depth/banding issues and adds a progress bar durink seeking on videos
    Anyone seen this progress bar?I haven't seen it.

Thread Information