Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

DCEmu Newbie

I've been using mplayer today and playing with the samba shares trying to read my NAS which isnt working and i dont know why, the NAS must have some security which i cant get round right now but thats my problem as i can stream it fine from a vista pc.

Issue i'm having is regarding the actual movie compatibility, I used to use mplayer before i got geebox basically cos it has a nicer interface but then ive come back to mplayer cos of the samba support which i cant do with geexbox as my usb lan doesnt seem to work to well.
    anyway, the latest mplayer version doesn't want to play any of the movies anymore, the video is just a mess, bad codecs or something but when i reverted back to V6 everything plays ok again,

any ideas on whats happened?

DCEmu Newbie

also just a quick note for vista users. i tried using mplayer wii to access some shares i had created and used the samba share with username and password which i knew was right but it still didn't work, guess the vista laptop not authorizing for some reason but then i went into the network and sharing center (control panel>Network and internet>network and sharing center) and in there you have a number of sharing and discovery options.

I turned off password protected sharing and it all works fine, only do this if you understand what you are doing, you are opening up your shared folders to anyone on your LAN and potentially anyone in world if you have any malware/virus installed.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello,

I just got mplayer-wii and the "patch" for smb, but i get some problem to use it.
    I add smb://192.168.0.3/share/, when i select it, it say "initializing network" then "network initialised" and come back to the home of mplayer-wii. If i select a second time the smb share, mplayer-wii do nothing, just go back to the initial option
    When i take a look on my box, i have no log from the IP of my wii.

BTW the network is ok, i can access to the default ronwarez streaming.

is there a way to get some log from mplayer-wii ?
    thx in advance.

[edit]i didnt test it, but it work well with a share on windows computer ... that a shame :/[/edit]
    [edit2]i test on another computer, and it crash.
    Then i test on the first computer with ethernet, and it is very "hard" to get the sync at the begginning. Is it a problem of the nintendo wifi ?
    Ethernet is it better ?[/edit]
    Last edited by Frogg; December 1st, 2008 at 16:58.

DCEmu Newbie

NAS probably is not working because use NTLM instead LM.

I've compiled a new version of mplayerwii using tantric modification on lintinysmb to add ntlm and I've done some modification in network_wii.c to increase heap size to increase samba buffer.

So new version with better speed and NTLM in samba.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?okzek2ytt2v

No source because the modifications are in libogc.
    Only a few modificiations on smb_devoptab based on libogc changes.

DCEmu Newbie

Could you perhaps update the google code svn with the new compiled libogc you are using, instead of the current old one there? I would like to make some changes in mplayerwii but also add your modifications.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rodries View Post
    NAS probably is not working because use NTLM instead LM.

I've compiled a new version of mplayerwii using tantric modification on lintinysmb to add ntlm and I've done some modification in network_wii.c to increase heap size to increase samba buffer.

So new version with better speed and NTLM in samba.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?okzek2ytt2v

No source because the modifications are in libogc.
    Only a few modificiations on smb_devoptab based on libogc changes.
    still not working on the NAS, no ideas why, its set up for everyone for full access but wont let me in with or without a pwd from the wii. its a bit wierd! geexbox picks it up fine but thats picking them up by checking the workgroup as im not putting in the share names for that.

DCEmu Newbie

another question, when i load a video file from smb or usb drive, it get lot of time before starting reading it.
    Dunno if it "normal".

And i cool feature would to be able to seek faster in video.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by archimag0 View Post
    Could you perhaps update the google code svn with the new compiled libogc you are using, instead of the current old one there? I would like to make some changes in mplayerwii but also add your modifications.
    Ok, I'll do it tomorrow

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Frogg View Post
    another question, when i load a video file from smb or usb drive, it get lot of time before starting reading it.
    Dunno if it "normal".

Depends on video.
    The problem is the speed
    samba is about 660kb/s when works fine
    usb is about 470kb/s

but dvd is 3500kb/s
    and sd is 5000kb/s

so the same film in dvd or sd begins sooner

mplayer need to read info from file to get rigth codec so is imposible improve starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogg View Post
    And i cool feature would to be able to seek faster in video.
    I'm trying compile mplayer myself, but is hard.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by trouty00 View Post
    still not working on the NAS, no ideas why, its set up for everyone for full access but wont let me in with or without a pwd from the wii. its a bit wierd! geexbox picks it up fine but thats picking them up by checking the workgroup as im not putting in the share names for that.
    odd
    show me your nas stream line in mplayerwii.conf

remember this mplayer samba can not access root samba, only shared folders, and don't forget '/' at the end.

Thread Information