Thread: SPOGS Racing Crashes onto WiiWare

Rev SPOGS Racing Crashes onto WiiWare

via IGN

D2C Games, Inc., a premier developer and publisher of mass-market downloadable interactive entertainment, today announced that their frenzied, arcade-style racing game, SPOGS Racing, is available on Nintendo's WiiWare service. Gamers can now download the high-octane game and experience the title's signature Crash 'N Grab action, where players battle it out for upgraded performance parts by crashing into each other and taking tires, engines, exhausts and brakes on-the-fly.

For 1,000 Wii Points anyone can download the game from the Wii Shop Channel. Players will modify and personalize their unique SPOGS Racers with custom in-game images. Then get right into the racing action with the innovative Crash 'N Grab instant upgrade feature. Once sufficiently tricked out, players can race their SPOGS around a dozen colorful and thrilling tracks, including stunt tracks with loops, jumps, power-ups and weapons. Players can also battle it out in split screen multiplayer and test their skills with four different control options.

"Because the Wii is rooted in easy, fun, and social games, we have chosen Nintendo's platform as a key component to our overall strategy," said D2C Games founder and CEO Scott Orr. "They have launched a first-rate download platform with WiiWare, and it is an ideal place for the kinds of games we're making at D2C. SPOGS Racing isn't just fun, unique and innovative - it's also accessible in terms of price, and for 1,000 Wii Points gamers of all ages will enjoy it immensely."

yeah, the wii ware section needs games that actually feels worth while to spend our money on. also more variety of games, and this racing game looks like it will do. i'll let ya know when i see a game play lol.

but in my opinion as a action gamer, only games i like in the wii ware section is;

Star Soldier R (even when you buy it, it still feels like a short demo T_T . only 3 game mods, and all can be done in under 10 minutes) though through all the short lived fun, its a VERY impressive shooter ^_^

Protothea. i never played it but it looks like its worth buying, i only wonder how long is it though. (i must not forget wii ware games are quite small so i should probably tone down my expectations buuuut..)

Gyrostarr. this is a game worth getting here, it may not look much but the action is great and the bonos levels is even greater along with 70 levels, how can you go wrong? lol maybe onlything different is the level doesnt exactally change that much, but though all the action it kinda makes you forget a little bit ^_^. but still 70 levels sounds good to me.

and this SPOGS Racing.. the screenshots look really good. i wonder if my friedn has ought it, i'll go over his place and check it out if he did lol.

btw, im not even gonna say anything about dr mario online, because we all know how good mario is so why bother? lol

Thread Information