Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First PSP Trojan Reported

Blog Entries

Exclamation First PSP Trojan Reported

Source - Slashdot

Evangelion writes <i>"PSP hackers beware! According to <a href="http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3144414">1up.com</a> today, Symantec has identified <a href="http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.pspbrick.html">the first PSP Trojan</a> in the wild. Known as Trojan.PSPBrick, it turns the PSP into, well, a brick. With buttons. Users have to download and install it themselves, and as a result it effectively breaks the PSP."</i>

Yes we already reported this but could this be the start of the worrying new trend, remember kids stick to reputable sites like this one for releases that wont damage your PSP.

Thats pretty sad. Its pretty pathetic that people will make a virus for something just to destroy someone elses property...a toy even. I mean, computer viruses are common..but at least most can just be fixed or at least reformatting corrects the problem. But no..someone must make something to actually destroy someone elses "toy".

Maybe these people that do this...really need a life. Go on a date or two..and stop being a hermit around your computer thinking of lame ways to piss people off. If your so hell bent on making people mad...go play a pvp game or something.

As I said...this is pretty sad.

DCEmu Regular

sony could secretly release virus to scare people off psp homebrew... what about that theory???

Is there any chance that the virus' origin is from sony?
    Maybe as punishment for running homebrew and maybe as an added incentive that after it bricks you have to buy a new one possibly 2.1

Hahaha oops look like we had the same thought at the same time

DCEmu Regular

ok, forget what i said about people not being stupid (and/or bored) enough to make something like this. hopefully it won't be incorperated into any hoembrew/emulator

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 10shu
    sony could secretly release virus to scare people off psp homebrew... what about that theory???
    sustained

It is certainly possible Sony released this virus disguised as homebrew.

- Psycho

It is possible that Sony would..but here is the problem.
    First of all, I know I wouldn't buy another psp if mine bricked...because it already cost me an arm and a leg.
    Second of all, how would it look for Sony if the virus was discovered to be theirs...not really good buisness on their end..to be seen as a company that try to screw their own customers out of their own brand...not a way to make money.
    I really don't think its from Sony. I really think its just some lame retart that gets his kicks from hiding in his mommy's basement and making stuff to ruin other peoples fun. Nothing but some hermit getting off at other people's expense.

Blog Entries

If Sony were to do that and were found out it would be commercial suicide, every country would sue the arse off Sony.

Still worrying though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information