Thread: what about the NEO-MS?

DCEmu Rookie

Default what about the NEO-MS?

hi.
    i read somewhere that a memorystick converter exists. is this a rumor?
    and is it software based or something hardware like?

It's no rumor, and its hardware-based, as you can see here: www.neoflash.com It's about 95% done as of September 28, and it's due for release around Christmas time this year with an approximate price tag ranging from $50 to $100. It supports CompactFlash, Microdrives, and MS hot plug-and-play (meaning you don't have to turn off the system to plug it in and use it). I'm assuming the "MS" stands for Memory Stick, but just to be sure I didn't put it down. I personally can't wait for the NEO-MS Converter because it will be much, much cheaper than the Datel HDD and will support much larger formats (the prototype was 100% successful testing a 2GB CF card and a 6GB Microdrive, recognizing the full capacity of both). Definitely a competitor to the HDD in my eyes.

DCEmu Rookie

but its really unhandy.
    would we nice if they make it a bit smaler. maybe a kind of box where u can put the stick into

Hence the 5% that's not done yet I'm sure that with the rest of their time they'll be able to cut it down a little more. I think that by the time it's done, you won't be able to see it sticking out anywhere from the front of the PSP and it'll be no longer than the PSP screen (if even any longer than the UMD tray). That is only the first prototype (the reason it doesn't have a plastic casing yet), and it's significantly smaller than the model they built when they first got the idea.

DCEmu Rookie

yippii ^^

Thread Information