Thread: Zelda OoT Wad Installation Help

DCEmu Newbie

Default Zelda OoT Wad Installation Help

I've been having problems with Zelda ocarina of time and Master quest wad installations. Every other wads haven't given me any trouble at all.

I have a PAL Wii running 3.2E
    I am using Homebre Channel and Wad Manager 1.1

Firstly when I try to install OoT on my I'll get error 1022. If I then go and try to uninstall the game it uninstalls fine.

I have also tried installing the game using WadInstaller v2.1 still the same problem.

When I install MQ the music is messed up sounds as if its skipping constantly to keep up.

BTW if I format my Wii's memory do I have to reinstall all the Wads again or can I copy them off my SD Card.

I am asking this because I am confused about weather reformatting my will remove all my wad tickets or just the channels and saved games as I have read online two different stories and not sure which one is true.

Okay I answered one of my question. Formatting the Wii deletes everything including the tickets but my "Wii Shop Channel" stayed linked since I didn't remove it before the format. Also I am able to download all my provious titles I purchased again.

Unfortunately this just leaves the Zelda OoT and MQ issue.

I have read online that trying different installers will help but there was no luck

Wad Installer V1 gave a memory dump when it tried to install the wad immeadietly then restarted my Wii.
    Last edited by theovemonk; July 9th, 2008 at 15:18. Reason: Answere my one of my own question

Talking about the commercial N64 emulator for Wii will get you in a lot of trouble at DCEmu.
    A lot of other forums talk about it though
    Last edited by Eviltaco64; July 9th, 2008 at 16:08.

DCEmu Newbie

erm... I don't quiet follow ya. I'm not interested in running N64 emu on the Wii.

I just want Zelda OoT and MQ to run on my Wii VC so I can leave my wind waker box tucked away nicely in my basement.

If you want to run Zelda Ocarina of Time and Master Quest on Wii Virtual Console, then yes, you ARE interested in running N64 on Wii. They're N64 games running on a N64 emulator. Since this emulator is made by Nintendo and not by a homebrew coder, it's pirating when you install it to the Virtual Console, which is not allowed to be talked about on DCEmu, asking how to install Virtual Console games (which are really just commercially-emulated roms) here will just get you in trouble. That's why you should goto other forums (like tehskeen and afterdawn).

DCEmu Newbie

Okay I am officially confused now.

SO what can I talk about and ask help on at dcemu.com?

BTW i did check the FAQ and well there have been similar stuffs posted on other threads as well, unless there is something seriously wrong with my understanding.

Ok, I really dont know how you're confused.
    Running the Zelda: Ocarina of Time WAD on the Wii is illegal if you didnt buy it.
    At DCEmu, you're not allowed to discuss how to get it to work.

DCEmu is a homebrew site. Homebrew is made by coders who just make it for fun.
    The Zelda WAD is from Nintendo, and is therefore illegal to discuss.

It's like asking how download Wii games off the Internet really.

DCEmu Newbie

okay

Thread Information