Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP v1.50 - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for the PSP

loading times on the Sega CD is amazing fast! yippeee

PSP User

1.) What are some good Sega CD games (other than Snatcher, which I highly recommend)?

2.) How well does shadowrun (Genesis) run?

3.) What are some good genesis games (I love shoot-em-ups) that are not Sonic games?

Quote Originally Posted by that1guywiththeface View Post
    1.) What are some good Sega CD games (other than Snatcher, which I highly recommend)?

3.) What are some good genesis games (I love shoot-em-ups) that are not Sonic games?
    1) Final Fight CD, Sonic CD, Android Assault, Flashback, Spiderman vs. The Kingpin...

2) No Idea as I havent tried this new build yet.

3) Toe Jam & Earl, Shinobi 3, Eco, Jungel Strike, Gunstar Heroes, Contra HC, Vectorman, Streets of Rage series, Golden Axe, Strider, Comix Zone, TMNT...

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by that1guywiththeface View Post

1 - Road Avenger, Silpheed, Sonic CD, Eternal Champions - Challenge from the Dark Side, Final Fight CD

2 - Runs perfectly

3 - Turrican, Golden Axe 1 & 2, Contra, Thunderforce IV, Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, Castle of Illusion, Comix Zone, Alladdin, Dragon's Fury, Flashback, Another World, Gunstar Heroes, Robocop vs Terminator, Mega Bomberman, Rocket Knight Adventures, Shinobi III, Splatterhouse 2, Ristar, Kid Chameleon, James Pond 2 - Robocod, Strider, Vectorman 1 & 2, Story of Thor/Beyond Oasis , Landstalker and Strider to name a few.

I'm sure there are some more great ones that I can't remember right now. The genesis has no lack of great games :P

DCEmu Newbie

captainmorgan4
    "I still use DGEN 1.70 because I don't really see the point to switch because all the games I run, even the Sonics seem full speed to me. Sure I have it clocked at 333 but seems to work just fine for me, and the adhoc multiplayer on DGEN is the only emulator I've successfully been able to use for 2player adhoc. Last I checked this one doesn't have multiplayer yet, has that changed? So basically what I'm saying is, why should I use this emulator for anyone trying to convince me, I only want it for Genesis."

Why not put on picodrive also and just have a shared rom folder for both your pico and dgen(picodrive isn't a huge space consumer)that way if something isn't running perfet on dgen you can try it trough pico and there are some really cool sega cd games you might like. For the ad-hoc deffinatly d-gen though(i use both)

Thanks for the update Notaz, they're always more then welcome

great sega-cd game I don't think anybody mentioned yet is Willy Beamish(it's the only way I can get it to work, anybody every got the pc or amiga version workin through like a Dosbox or something?)

Man I have to give you major props for the emulator, I can play genesis games full speed at 266mhz. This is probaly one of the best emulators out there, right now I'm playing ultimate mortal kombat trilogy. Out of curiousity why can the gp2x get games at full speed at 200mhz?

DCEmu Rookie

My final fight cd no longer works??

Ive not changed nothing since the last picodrive release and on the previous one it worked fine. Now i load the game up and its ok but when it gets to the capcom text it goes really slow and also the the music is choppy. My sonic cd and snatcher still play fine but final fight cd is to choppy and slow to play now?

Why it this not work when it did on the last one? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
    I still use DGEN 1.70 because I don't really see the point to switch because all the games I run, even the Sonics seem full speed to me. Sure I have it clocked at 333 but seems to work just fine for me, and the adhoc multiplayer on DGEN is the only emulator I've successfully been able to use for 2player adhoc. Last I checked this one doesn't have multiplayer yet, has that changed? So basically what I'm saying is, why should I use this emulator for anyone trying to convince me, I only want it for Genesis.
    uh.. you could always just put both on lol. Plus I don't think Dgen can play Sega CD where PicoDrive can and in my opinion besides the ad hoc support beats Dgen hands down in everyother area. But whatever floats your boat

Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    My final fight cd no longer works??

Ive not changed nothing since the last picodrive release and on the previous one it worked fine. Now i load the game up and its ok but when it gets to the capcom text it goes really slow and also the the music is choppy. My sonic cd and snatcher still play fine but final fight cd is to choppy and slow to play now?

Why it this not work when it did on the last one? Help!

I've just tried this and its also not working properly on this 1.50 version for me (the sound is stuttering and the fmv is very slow)?

Will try re-ripping my cd again I guess to see if that works?

Weird that it worked fine before though?

Thanks for all the responses guys, yeah I know I could use both emulators but I'm just anal about $#@! like this, I like to have one emulator for each system I play. I don't know like you people said if there aren't any reasons to switch then why do it, the games I run work full speed so. I never played Sega CD back in the day, never knew anybody with the system either. So now my new question is what cool games are there for Sega CD that you guys could reccomend. I love all my genesis games, Streets of Rage and old Tiny Toon games and such so there's an idea of what I would like. So yeah I'm going to go lookup some Sega CD games and I'll come back here and check back with you.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information