Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP v1.50 - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for the PSP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses guys, yeah I know I could use both emulators but I'm just anal about $#@! like this, I like to have one emulator for each system I play. I don't know like you people said if there aren't any reasons to switch then why do it, the games I run work full speed so. I never played Sega CD back in the day, never knew anybody with the system either. So now my new question is what cool games are there for Sega CD that you guys could reccomend. I love all my genesis games, Streets of Rage and old Tiny Toon games and such so there's an idea of what I would like. So yeah I'm going to go lookup some Sega CD games and I'll come back here and check back with you.
    Sonic CD is a classic, Snatcher is also supposed to be great, although I never really played it. Lunar star is a great RPG too.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Can anyone please confirm if they've got Final Fight CD working on this new version? I just tried another copy I had and its still not working right and is chugging a long very, very slowly?

I tried my Sonic CD and put the fps on and its running perfect at 60/60 ... but just tried Final Fight CD and its running at 02/19?
    Last edited by Baboon; July 10th, 2008 at 20:27.

PSP User

BTW, Snatcher running almost perfect except for when *SPOILERS* (highlight to see them) when you enter Gibson's house, and your apartment while Katrina is there, there are some huge graphical glitches with Katrina *END SPOILERS*

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    My final fight cd no longer works??
    Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    Can anyone please confirm if they've got Final Fight CD working on this new version? I just tried another copy I had and its still not working right and is chugging a long very, very slowly?
    I've just checked it, it's some new bug. I'll put up a bugfix release over the weekend which corrects this.

Quote Originally Posted by that1guywiththeface View Post
    BTW, Snatcher running almost perfect except for when *SPOILERS* (highlight to see them) when you enter Gibson's house, and your apartment while Katrina is there, there are some huge graphical glitches with Katrina *END SPOILERS*
    Strange, was the accurate renderer enabled?

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks Notaz for another quality release!!

I tested a few games out and the sound is much better.
    There is still a weird transparency bug on ISS and batman returns (CD) is still slow.
    Over all though this is the best megadrive emulator i have ever used on a handheld!
    Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by notaz View Post
    I've just checked it, it's some new bug. I'll put up a bugfix release over the weekend which corrects this.

Strange, was the accurate renderer enabled?
    Ah cool thanks for confirming that. I thought I was going mad as all my other CD games worked. lol

I look forward to the next release. :thumbup:

Can I just drag all the files into my picodrive folder on my psp and replace all the files on there.

DCEmu Newbie

Not gonna lie I used the wikipedia list to get a refresher but every game I listed I played and stand by. Still have my sega cdx hooked to the flat screen(one of the coolest systems ever but a battery monster if you used it as a walkman) I left out a few games because they just arent fun without the light gun.
    *Adventures of Willy Beamish(possibly my favorite pc game when i was a kid, point and click boy)
    *Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: The Second Cataclysm
    *Corpse Killer
    *Dragon's Lair
    *Dune
    *Earthworm Jim: Special Edition(great if your a ewj fan on the genesis)
    *Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side(i think this game got a bad rap, if you like eternal champions for the genesis you'll digg this)
    *Final Fight CD
    *Flashback: The Quest for Identity
    *Heart of the Alien
    *NBA Jam
    *Night Trap(it's just a fmv game but for it's time it was pretty racey and pretty fun your first play through, dunno but it could been the first non-pc 2 cd game as well(once again just a guess)
    *OutRunners
    *Powermonger
    *Rise of the Dragon(once agin kinda racey, cool story and it's the old school point and click adventure(like broken sword kinda))
    *Road Rash
    *The Secret of Monkey Island(once agin classic point and click, can get the pc version of all three monkey islands to run on scummvm btw)
    Sewer Shark(came with the sega cd, fmv game, fun your first play through but that could be because i was foced to play it since i couldn't affored games for it at first)
    Sonic the Hedgehog CD(execellent game if your a sonic fan)
    Theme Park(there's also a PSX version)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by firemaster#1 View Post
    Out of curiousity why can the gp2x get games at full speed at 200mhz?
    Because the gp2x use an asm core(cyclone?), anyway the C core of psp pico is very very good!

Thanks for the info

Thread Information