Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7.4 - Genesis Emulator for Nintendo DS

hi i downloaded jEnesisDS 0.7.4 today but have a problem with it.

im running it on a DSTT , i don't know if thats a problem or not?

anyway when i load the games they keep pausing on and off all the time as though im touching the touch screen but im not.

has anyone else had that problem?

ive got a nes and snes emulator on my card and they run fine, i cant understand why this doesn't

any help would be great thanks

DCEmu Pro

Even though the DSTT probably has auto dldi patching, try pre-patching it. Other then that you could try running it through a browser program like in DSOrganize or DSMenu. Other things to try is put the jenesisds file and game roms in the root of your card.

thanks for the quick reply and taking time out to help me. however strangely enough ive just given it another go and it seems to be working. bit slow on micro machines but sonic and summer games works fine.

you seem to know what your talking about so out of interest what is the best card to buy for the ds? there must be a more reliable one than the dstt , there are a few ds roms ive tried on it that have failed, and i get 'save file is corrupt' message on occasion

also where is the best place to download working roms for ds,nes,snes, megadrive etc

thanks in advance
    Last edited by nuttyhotspurs; October 5th, 2008 at 18:49.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyhotspurs View Post
    thanks for the quick reply and taking time out to help me. however strangely enough ive just given it another go and it seems to be working. bit slow on micro machines but sonic and summer games works fine.

you seem to know what your talking about so out of interest what is the best card to buy for the ds? there must be a more reliable one than the dstt , there are a few ds roms ive tried on it that have failed, and i get 'save file is corrupt' message on occasion
    What games had the save corrupt error? There is a thing known as arm7.bin replacement. I wonder if it would get these games working for you.

What's the best device? It's very debatable, I guess the CycloDS is considered top, but the Supercard dsone apparently autopatches all homebrew with a soft reset(that's cool)

However, I think you've made a good choice with the Top Toy, isn't it getting updated firmware? What have you got installed? If it's old, updating may fix your game problems.

DSTT homepage, downloads
    http://www.ndstt.com/en/download.html

I guess it is not overly tested with homebrew apps, so that could be a concern, but quite honestly dldi compatibility is decent even with cards like the Games N Music which everyone knocks but is actual very good. So don't listen to others.Test your card with your favorite homebrew. It works with jenesisDS, and thats great. Perhaps check NeoDS(neo geo) next or SNEmulDS(snes emu). If they work, I wouldn't worry too much then.

also where is the best place to download working roms for ds,nes,snes, megadrive etc

thanks in advance
    I'm afraid it's illegal to talk about where to find commercial games, even ancient ones.

Dcemu Coder

bit slow on micro machines but sonic and summer games works fine.
    You could try setting "H-Int emulation" to "on" in the options (press joypad icon while in-game to open the options menu). This should cure the in-game slowdowns in Micro Machines (and other games that show 60fps, but seem to run too slow).

Lightbulb

I have an idea for a feature I think should be added.
    I think you should add all those NES DS has like:
    realtime rewind/fast-forwarding,a menu system like NES DS' with touch screen rescaling including widescreen selections,^and also another thing like gamegenie/PAR code support. +=add sample rate selection in the menu

Just a suggestion I wanted to add.

EDIT:Sorry for the 1 month bump.
    Last edited by ds benjmin; November 19th, 2008 at 21:19. Reason: feature suggestion add

Great suggestion ds benjmin, was thinking of the rewind/fast-forward function as well, would be sweet.

Thumbs up

Thanks,I am glad there is someone that supports me.

Quote Originally Posted by ds benjmin View Post

I have an idea for a feature I think should be added.
    I think you should add all those NES DS has like:
    realtime rewind/fast-forwarding,a menu system like NES DS' with touch screen rescaling including widescreen selections,^and also another thing like gamegenie/PAR code support. +=add sample rate selection in the menu

Just a suggestion I wanted to add.

EDIT:Sorry for the 1 month bump.
    Fast-forward would probably be possible, just a button that toggles the frame limiter when pressed. Rewind would not be nearly as easy, as that would require lots of free RAM, which jEnesisDS is very short on. NES DS can do it because it uses very little RAM (as it's almost a direct port of PocketNES which was made for the GBA and its 256 KB of RAM). jEnesisDS uses up all of the RAM managing the graphics and layering.

If by "widescreen" you intend for it to squish the screen horizontally in any way, then for the 20th time, this is not possible with the way jEnesisDS runs.

DCEmu Rookie

Jumping on the kudos bandwagon, since this seriously is one of the few thigns my DS has been running other than moonshell for the past month

Outside of the 3MB rom 'issue' what other uses would a ram pack have?

Edit:
    Using a Datel GnM.

Phantasy Star 2 boots, but throws out garbage graphics, and or blank screens.
    Last edited by Jeric; December 19th, 2008 at 06:15.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information