Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7.4 - Genesis Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Pro

Using an R4? Works fine unless I run through DSO.

Maybe try pre-patching unstead of auto?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Thanks for the Update, but.....

This is my first post, so hi I'm Venazard.
    Thanks for the update Lordus, but I was was just wondering if you were gonna make a JenesisDS update that would allow players to play bigger files than just 3MB? Thank You. Oh yeah before I forget would that udate be for the M3 DS Real, because that's the device I'm using. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Venazard View Post
    This is my first post, so hi I'm Venazard.
    Thanks for the update Lordus, but I was was just wondering if you were gonna make a JenesisDS update that would allow players to play bigger files than just 3MB? Thank You. Oh yeah before I forget would that udate be for the M3 DS Real, because that's the device I'm using. Thanks
    He's working on getting the 3Mb+ games running.

Here's a quote from this very thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    I'm not really working on >3MB support directly, but something completely different. In the process of that, 3MB will be supported, too, though.

I'm quite curious myself, about what else can be done. But i intend to find out.
    So there you have it .

As for the card, all future updates work on all cards so don't worry about that. Some cards have compatability issues sometimes, but they're usually solved with a few fixes.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks. I guess I should've checked all the other pages first. Thanks Again.

DCEmu Newbie

brilliant app, i tip my hat to you young dev!

btw that dpad following thing, how do you activate it? is it automatic?

also in all of the sonic games i find that sonic has a few rows from the centre of its sprite missing while running is this due to any vertical scaling going on or just general graphics glitching?

one last thing the Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 2 & Knuckles roms dont appear to run on this emulator, could it be that they are not 'clean' roms? (as in ones generated using the dumps from Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 cartridges to emulate the physical link that there would usually be as the sonic 3 cartridge used to fit into the Sonic and Knuckles cartridge)(btw im not sure if these roms are under 3mb :P

Quote Originally Posted by zondajag View Post
    btw that dpad following thing, how do you activate it? is it automatic?
    While playing touch the small gamepad icon at the top left of the bottom screen. It brings up a menu and from there you can select 'follow d-pad'.

also in all of the sonic games i find that sonic has a few rows from the centre of its sprite missing while running is this due to any vertical scaling going on or just general graphics glitching?
    That'll be the vertical scaling. You can turn it off to get it to look right but then you can't see much at all.

one last thing the Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 2 & Knuckles roms dont appear to run on this emulator, could it be that they are not 'clean' roms? (as in ones generated using the dumps from Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 cartridges to emulate the physical link that there would usually be as the sonic 3 cartridge used to fit into the Sonic and Knuckles cartridge)(btw im not sure if these roms are under 3mb :P
    They're both over 3Mb. And as you probably know the DS simply doesn't have enough RAM to load them. Which is a shame because in my opinion Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best thing on the system. So yes they don't work because they're too big sorry. They might work in a future version.
    Last edited by Spidery_Yoda; August 1st, 2008 at 11:25.

DCEmu Newbie

brilliant! thanks for the info! maybe the next release could support vertical dpad following and perhaps a setting that you can adjust the speed at which the emulator follows so that the screen doesnt jump around to fast. Wonderful emulator! perfect now, im very happy to have got rid of the graphical glitching

also could a ram cartridge in a gba slot be utilised in the next release to play games over 3mb? thatd be awesome!

Well he's said that he's working on something that will indirectly allow >3Mb ROMs to play.

It sounds to me like he's working on something like that, yes.

DCEmu Newbie

Does sound work on this?

I have been using 0.5 and I can't get any sound.

DCEmu Newbie

Yes, this has sound

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information