Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7.4 - Genesis Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Hope there will b a fix for this. Kind of miss JenesisDS. It was so cool having a desent emulation of the Genesis on the DS.

Hey guys,

I received my Acekard 2i today and I tested some emulators such as NeoDS which works as normal and also jenesisds 0.7.4. which works well also.

I'm using AKAIO 1.4.1 on my Acekard 2i, I created a folder called "games" and put jenesisds inside that folder.

I placed Streets of Rage 2 on the root of my card and when I loaded jenesisds the game showed up on the list and it loaded and played as normal.

Hope this helps.

I can't get a lot of roms to work with jEnesisDS, some do but some don't. In the readme that comes with the emulator it says
    "You have to play a bit with the settings to make some games boot or work better.
    Some games work faster with "H-INT emulation", others need it to work at all."

I don't know how to change the settings can someone please tell me how this is done?

DCEmu Newbie

Hope this gets sorted. Miss my fix of Out Run, Shinobi, Zombies ate my neighbours etc...

Quote Originally Posted by mistresstwist View Post
    I can't get a lot of roms to work with jEnesisDS, some do but some don't. In the readme that comes with the emulator it says
    "You have to play a bit with the settings to make some games boot or work better.
    Some games work faster with "H-INT emulation", others need it to work at all."

I don't know how to change the settings can someone please tell me how this is done?
    To change the settings, you must first load a game and then on the bottom screen in the top left hand corner you will see a megadrive/genesis joypad, simply press that with the stylus and the jenesisds options screen will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by db73 View Post
    Hope this gets sorted. Miss my fix of Out Run, Shinobi, Zombies ate my neighbours etc...
    I have tested the games you mentioned on the Acekard 2i and they work well. At the moment I have 75 games showing up on my list, I haven't tested them all but the ones I did test worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Lulz View Post
    To change the settings, you must first load a game and then on the bottom screen in the top left hand corner you will see a megadrive/genesis joypad, simply press that with the stylus and the jenesisds options screen will appear.
    Thank you so much!! Got those other roms working now

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Lulz View Post
    Hey guys,

I received my Acekard 2i today and I tested some emulators such as NeoDS which works as normal and also jenesisds 0.7.4. which works well also.

I'm using AKAIO 1.4.1 on my Acekard 2i, I created a folder called "games" and put jenesisds inside that folder.

I placed Streets of Rage 2 on the root of my card and when I loaded jenesisds the game showed up on the list and it loaded and played as normal.

Hope this helps.
    I guess I need the AKAIO firmware then. I tried setting things up the way you described & I got the same as before - JenesisDS loads okay but games will not.

What's the deal with the AKAIO firmware? Why this over the Acekard2i firmware?
    Last edited by db73; May 29th, 2009 at 21:27.

I guess I need the AKAIO firmware then. I tried setting things up the way you described & I got the same as before - JenesisDS loads okay but games will not.
    When I first got my Acekard 2i I used the official Acekard firmware and I could load jenesisds and see games appear on my list but when I tried to load one the screen just went black and nothing loaded.

I read about AKAIO before and decided to give that a shot and it solved my problem.

What's the deal with the AKAIO firmware? Why this over the Acekard2i firmware?
    The main thing about AKAIO is that it is often updated, more than the Acekard 2i firmware so any problems encountered are usually fixed very quickly.

There is a lot of information that can be found on here...

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO

DCEmu Newbie

I think I'll give AKAIO a try.

One other thing, what's the Loaders thing for? I read on that Wiki page to make sure you have the latest loaders followed by a link to the page where you can obtain them.

One other thing, what's the Loaders thing for? I read on that Wiki page to make sure you have the latest loaders followed by a link to the page where you can obtain them.
    The loaders are used to load all the stuff you put on to the acekard 2i, for example emulators, roms etc.

Thread Information