Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7.4 - Genesis Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

It worked! The AKAIO firmware sorted things out & the MD roms fired up okay in JenesisDS. Excellent. Cheers for the heads up on AKAIO ;-)

Thanks Lordus for making this great emulator, I hope you'll still update this project to add more features and make it more stable.

I do have a little problem, jEnesisDS 0.7 works fine on my DS-X card but 0.7.4 doesn't seem to work at all, and resetting the clock to 00:00 doesn't work either. Hopefully you'll be able to fix this since the sound improvements in 0.7.4 are really great!

Also, I'm planning on buying a new Acekard 2.1 flash card, has anyone tested jEnesisDS 0.7.4 on this card yet?

PS (It's been almost a year since Lordus made the 0.7.4 release, I hope this hasn't died?)
    Last edited by Lord Grievous; June 3rd, 2009 at 16:29.

Sorry for the double post but could someone please confirm that the latest jEnesisDS 0.7.4 works with the Acekard A2.1 card?

I really hope this project hasn't died, this is the best Genesis emulator for the DS out there.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Grievous View Post
    Thanks Lordus for making this great emulator, I hope you'll still update this project to add more features and make it more stable.

I do have a little problem, jEnesisDS 0.7 works fine on my DS-X card but 0.7.4 doesn't seem to work at all, and resetting the clock to 00:00 doesn't work either. Hopefully you'll be able to fix this since the sound improvements in 0.7.4 are really great!

Also, I'm planning on buying a new Acekard 2.1 flash card, has anyone tested jEnesisDS 0.7.4 on this card yet?

PS (It's been almost a year since Lordus made the 0.7.4 release, I hope this hasn't died?)
    Try running it from Moonshell 2.0 Stable. This works for me but on a GnM, I too can't run 0.7.4 from the GnM GUI. Moonshell 2 fixes this somehow.

Hope it works and I have only got your hope up for nothing.

BTW, can someone tell me if the sound for v0.7.4 is really a lot better then for v0.7 of jEnesisDS? For example in Sonic 1,2&3 an Sonic & Knuckles, the sound doesn't seem to keep up at times especially when using a power-up like speed shoes. I read the 0.7.4 changelog and it seems offer some great improvements in theory, but can anyone who's used both 0.7 and 0.7.4 confirm that the sound is really a lotter better?

Also, what's this experimential d-pad panning mentioned somewhere? In 0.7 you could use the shoulder buttons to manually pan left and right (which was great), but I hope this new d-pad thingie doesn't mean that it does this on it's own without me wanting it? And is the shoulder button panning still in?

Thanks for the quick replies
    Last edited by Lord Grievous; June 4th, 2009 at 13:55.

DCEmu Pro

I can't remember about sound, just that I wanted 0.7.4 most definitely over 0.7. I think it was better speed and sound though.

The experimental D-pad "thingy" was you can set the screen to follow the D-pad. This can help but horizontal scrollers for instance, are still very hard to get the screen in the right position.

Please make it so you can use Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Steveice10 View Post
    Please make it so you can use Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
    There is absolutely no purpose to let that particular game become playable. Just download Sonic 3 and S&K separately and play them. They work fine by themselves. >_>

Some people happen to like to be able to save their progress on Sonic and Knuckles levels.

Or *gasp* use tails.

DCEmu Newbie

Is development on this project still going on? I really would love a version that supported S3&K.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Granville
    There is absolutely no purpose to let that particular game become playable. Just download Sonic 3 and S&K separately and play them. They work fine by themselves. >_>
    Some people happen to like to be able to save their progress on Sonic and Knuckles levels.

Or *gasp* use tails.
    Or Knuckles in the S3 stages. Or Hyper Sonic. Or Hyper Knuckles. Or Super Tails. Or the perfect endings. Or the secret areas and bosses for Knuckles in the S3 zones that are otherwise TOTALLY inaccessible. Or the ability to enable Debug Mode (not included in S&K, and hard as **** to enable in S3 with a emulator), along with the change-the-gravity-at-will cheat (not included in either S3 or S&K, or any other Sonic game for that matter).

Lord forbid some people like to enjoy a *full* game with *all* of its features unlocked.
    Last edited by ESE150; June 27th, 2009 at 07:27.

Thread Information