Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7.4 - Genesis Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ds benjmin View Post
    sorry ,by "someone" I meant Lordus.
    But if each newer/excellent release it gets faster
    which makes me think eventually,it will be able to run any sort of sega cd rom
    or maybe even 32x roms.
    Quote from when I asked about his mysterious plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    Never, that's too crazy There is no chance to get anywhere with that. The 32X is not so much weaker than the DS in processing power.
    jEnesis has 32X support, but the DS version will never get it.

If you ask me, Sega CD emulation will only happen if sound is NOT emulated, I'm not the author but I'm pretty sure it would be the case =P

ISO size shouldn't be an issue either, you only need to emulate the Sega CD drive and you can load the CD properly, the reason this works is because for the Sega CD game to run it needs to put stuff onto the 256kb RAM.

For example, because I suck at explaining.

Sonic CD's separate acts, zones and I presume timezones are actually separate programs that has to fit into the 256kb of the Sega CD's RAM.

Please correct me if I am wrong, mainly on the RAM size XD

Edit: The soundless save state bug is caused by the emulator not saving the sound RAM or something like that, I presume it should be easy to add sound support while maintaining backwards compatibility, probably through checking the save state size (A save states size will never vary, it takes a complete dump of ALL the RAM it is told to do).
    Last edited by Flygon; August 18th, 2008 at 06:27.

Thumbs up

I understand,but I still hope/wish there is a way to make several RAM files,and what makes me curious is with supercard's ds emu built in,it runs almost at perfect speed "with" realtime savestates,and cheats.

I think it has several SRAM associations at once which maybe is how it runs at full speed like with
    super mario 64 DS after entering the courtyard
    take your game/game itself not rom_ out and it will
    not freeze until you read a sign or enter another area!!!

I'LL just end with this.

Thank you for being so kind with your replies.
    Last edited by ds benjmin; August 18th, 2008 at 16:17. Reason: emoticons are not on quick reply

No matter how hard I try I can't get this to work on my Max Media Dock. 0.7 worked through DSOrganize, but I can't get this version to work. It loads up fine by itself, in DSOrganize, and in that other loader that was posted earlier for the people having trouble with Game and Music, but when I try to load a game it freezes. Any suggestions?

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    No matter how hard I try I can't get this to work on my Max Media Dock. 0.7 worked through DSOrganize, but I can't get this version to work. It loads up fine by itself, in DSOrganize, and in that other loader that was posted earlier for the people having trouble with Game and Music, but when I try to load a game it freezes. Any suggestions?

I'm afraid after many tries, the only method I could find to work for you is Renaming JenesisDS.nds to bootme.nds. I tried reseting the clock, spinal's menu, and his newer version DSision and in the end only the renaming trick works as of now that I can find.Save states seem to work fine after powering down and on again, so some good news .
    Last edited by crookedmouth; August 19th, 2008 at 04:59. Reason: mistake

Well, I guess that's better than not having it work at all. Would be nice to know why this happens though, could it be a memory problem?

DCEmu Newbie

And also,I hope in the eventual next release that
    the savestate bug is fixed cuz when you load a save-state,it is missing some sound that I think is caused by it overlooking some of the sound channels,
    and that there could be screensize options with,widescreen,fullscreen,screen scaling,and screen-size select.
    Let me guess, you're a "glass is half full" kinda' guy aren't you?

I understand,but I still hope/wish there is a way to make several RAM files,and what makes me curious is with supercard's ds emu built in,it runs almost at perfect speed "with" realtime savestates,and cheats.

I think it has several SRAM associations at once which maybe is how it runs at full speed like with
    super mario 64 DS after entering the courtyard
    take your game/game itself not rom_ out and it will
    not freeze until you read a sign or enter another area!!!

I'LL just end with this.

Thank you for being so kind with your replies.
    The SCDS has no built-in emulators of any sort. I don't know what you're talking about. There are no flash carts with a "DS emulator" built in (aka there is no DS emulator for the DS), as they're running the DS files directly on the DS itself. Technically I suppose that's hardware emulation, but the devices aren't running any special code other than the launch code.

I don't get the SM64DS "SRAM associations" thing either. DS games don't use SRAM, they use EEPROM I believe, and that's for saving. What happened is the game loaded an entire area into the DS's 4 MB of RAM, only to be changed when entering a new area or doing an action that requires the game to access more resources from the cart. This isn't entirely uncommon; Animal Crossing for the Gamecube was originally meant to be an N64 game and is small enough to fit entirely into the Gamecube's RAM, so you can take the disc out and still play the full game. Demos sent over either the DS's wireless "download play" option or the GBA's single-pack link cable hookup are loaded entirely into the system's RAM and run, needing no further cartridge access. Either way, it has very little to do with jEnesisDS (other than the fact that you can eject your homebrew device after choosing your game and it'll still work fine until it tries to save, same thing with SNEmulDS and NES DS).

You cannot have a "RAM file" on your card, called a page file, as the DS does not have a MMU - Memory Management Unit. Without this, a swap file on a memory card would be ineffective.

No offense, but sounds to me like you know a couple of DS-related buzzwords and you're flinging them about to make your case when you don't really know what they mean. I'll admit I tend to do the same as well, though I usually specify that I'm not all that knowledgeable about what I'm talking about.

what I meant by built in emulator is that supercard supports ds roms ran straight off the card,and I think the DS uses your current map loaded on sm64DS in its memory but also it keeps the data of that map only but loads the signs from the card.

And about the gamecube,only certain games let you perform this same trick like zelda collection with majoras mask loaded and with you on the map when not in a scene,you can open the lid but it keeps playing by of course,a memory data it keeps,and even when using games that don,t support that,and show the insert disc screen,it keeps it in a frozen state until inserting the disc and closing the lid.

Again though, how does that have any relevance to jEnesisDS?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information