Thread: Guns N' Roses to release new single via Rock Band 2

General games Guns N' Roses to release new single via Rock Band 2

via The Phoenix

The official announcement will be made this morning in conjunction with the big E3 convention in LA, but the Times has leaked that a new GNR tune called "Shackler's Revenge" will be the big hook on the new MTV/Harmonix release of Rock Band 2, coming this fall. Not only that, the venerable Times has allowed itself to get caught up in the game of, "no, really, this time it REALLY MEANS they're gonna release Chinese Democracy." No matter: that particular contest has swallowed bigger fish than the old gray lady.

Fascinating factoid #2: Motley Crue's new song "Saints of Los Angeles" sold 14,000 downloads on iTunes . . . and nearly four times that amount as a Rock Band download on XBox alone.

Lord knows Rock Band 2 is gonna need some help -- or at least an excuse for people to buy another $170 game . . . again. And buy it in a market that's suddenly overrun with Rock Band clones, including Guitar Hero World Tour (an expanded Guitar Hero including, erm, drums and vocals), and Konami's Rock Revolution, a Rock Band-style group game that'll interact with Guitar Hero instruments and add its own expanded drum kit. No vox, though . . . which should make it popular with fans of, say, Pelican.

I'd like to give a big "WHO CARES!" to this one.

Guns N' Roses simply will never be the same without the original band together, not that those of whom live in STL, MO care anyway after what Axl Rose did here, but I surely won't be buying any of those games or albums just because GNR name appears on it.

I agree, but even worse is that he still didn't release this new album since more than 10 years ago

Thread Information