Thread: Ubisoft found Pirating the Pirates.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Forum Ubisoft found Pirating the Pirates.

Have you ever bought a game, and then not managed to get it working on your machine? Have you ever had to resort to download a no-cd crack to get it to run? I know I have, and I know that the games industry considers me a massive pirate due to buying their software, then running it in a way they don't like.

Which makes this thread over on the Ubisoft forums all the more entertaining. When faced with a version of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 that wasn't working on lots of machines, ubisoft did exactly what you would have done. They went and got a no-cd crack off the internet and released it as an official patch.

Full story at skeptobot.com

Update: Ubisoft The UK Community Manager posted
    The file was removed from the site over a week ago now and the matter is being thoroughly investigated by senior tech support managers here at Ubisoft.

Needless to say we do not support or condone copy protection circumvention methods like this and this particular incident is in direct conflict with Ubisoft's policies.

People there on the forums are overreacting. They're like "ZOMG NOOBIESOFT IZ DONE TEH ILLEGAL CRACK LOLZ" when it isn't really that much of a big deal.

Thread Information