Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Wii64 alpha r398 - Nintendo 64 Emulator for the Nintendo Wii

Blog Entries

Rev Unofficial Wii64 alpha r398 - Nintendo 64 Emulator for the Nintendo Wii

Link_of_Hyrule has today released an unofficial build of the N64 emulator for the Nintendo Wii, heres his news:

I just thought some of you guys might like this since the current Wii64 can't really play many games I compiled the latest source and created this package that include 3 versions of Wii64 glN64, GX and sft. Each one uses a different graphics plugin and thats the difference so far I like glN64 the best. Please note that I can't seem to be able to get the classic controller to work with this if anyone does please tell me maybe theres something I'm doing wrong.

Change Log

r398 Mempaks should format every time a new game is loaded (to avoid Corrupt Mempak warnings)

Please note this has not officially been released as a compiled build by the mugen64 Wii team and it has been compiled from the source located on the project's svn where it is publicly available for anyone to compile. It could have things that don't work properly I don't know about but so far I don't see any bugs with the exception that classic controller doesn't work for me use at your own risk. I did NOT modified this at all the only thing I did was compile the publically available source and edit up some icons/xml files and packaged it for your convenience.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

any new games that run haveway decent? anyway thanks man

You only listed the latest change on the svn? There's been more progress than that. Especially w/ the dynarec. I might download and try it.

DCEmu Newbie

Post 21:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario
    WARNING

I just tested this and found a pretty major bug.
    I loaded the rom for Diddy Kong Racing using the gln64 version and it crashed my wii, I reset my wii and tried again, it crashed again, this time when I went to load the HBC it said something like "could not launch channel due to corrupted wii system files, Please consult User Manual for support" I rebooted again and HBC still didn't work but Luckily all my nintendo channels still worked and the disc games still work, I will probably have to re-install the HBC later though but as for these unofficial wii64 releases there must be some bugs in the source code you used and that's why they haven't been made officially into an official release yet. My diddy kong racing rom did work successfully with a low fps in the official wiitiizer version. I don't have any time right now to fix the HBC but later today or tommorow I will let you know how it goes. I hope this doesn't result in a brick if I update my wii firmware since it is 3.2 right now and apparently has corrupted files.

dang, that's a VERY serious bug.

i'm glad i didn't try it

DCEmu Newbie

I wouldn't use this, it's not an official build and we don't support it.

I tried it, and honestly, it does nothing for me. The games are still completely unplayable, everything runs at about half speed.

I'll wait for an official one that works.

that sounds like a plan sir.

Quote Originally Posted by jack_the_ripper87 View Post
    I tried it, and honestly, it does nothing for me. The games are still completely unplayable, everything runs at about half speed.
    Umm, that's completely playable and a HUGE improvement over the last few releases.

Good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information