Thread: Memento Tui Sceleris

Blog Entries

NDS Memento Tui Sceleris

News/release from TGYET:

Hello!
    I'm here to present to you our game, which name is "Memento Tui Sceleris". It is an interactive novel like Hotel Dusk or Ace Attorney.
    About the style: if you like "Higurashi no Naku koro ni" or "Jigoku Shoujo" then I think you will like this, too. At the moment the basics of the program and the tools are finished. So here is the tech demo which contanins all features that the game has at the moment. It is important, that all images and sounds are from the internet and won't be in the final game. Also if anybody is interested in tools, they can download some picture from them.

Then, let's see the plot summary:

There is a hearsay, if somebody stays merely one day in Dreamsville, then his/her dreams come true. Thanks for that the village can live from the tourists, who want to happen the miracle with them too. An investigative reporter, William DeTrurith also visits the place to find out this is the truth or just a smart „advertisement”. However an unexpected event happens: hardly, that he arrives, the village's mayor is murdered brutally the same day at night. He is clenching his torn out tongue in his hand and the „LIAR” word was carved onto his forehead. He is the first who finds the body, but before he can examine it, from behind somebody knocks him out and the next day he awakes in his appartement. After he wakes up, he rushes to the site where the policemen closed the case already: the mayor committed suicide…

What may have happened? Why was he murdered in a peaceful village like this? May he committed a suicide? Who did that? What was his/her motive? As William come closer to the truth, he will meet darker, more wicked and more bizarre things…

Finally, if you interested in this project and want to (and can) help, or found a bug or problem then please send an e-mail to me: bezzgyuri(AT)freemail.hu

Thanks for reading this and have a good game with the tech demo!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Unfortunately it doesn't work on my R4 Firmware 1.8, I get only a black screen and after that some blocks on the touchscreen.

I love visual novels; Am a huge fan of them myself. I HAVE to try this!

EDIT: Tried it for myself; not quite what I was expecting. As long as story can be well implemented it could be very good. Not quite what I was expecting... but as long as you don't use the exact same sprites AND names from Kanon then it could be pretty good.
    Last edited by luminouslight; July 20th, 2008 at 14:19. Reason: Avoid double post

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Chris23235 View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't work on my R4 Firmware 1.8, I get only a black screen and after that some blocks on the touchscreen.
    I tested it with M3Real and M3Perfect miniSD and it worked. It uses EFS, so at the first run it try to search the game. So please wait some minute if you have a lot of file on your card.

Quote Originally Posted by luminouslight View Post
    I love visual novels; Am a huge fan of them myself. I HAVE to try this!
    Well, the game isn't a visual novel. We call it interactive novel like Hotel Dusk.

Quote Originally Posted by luminouslight View Post
    EDIT: Tried it for myself; not quite what I was expecting. As long as story can be well implemented it could be very good. Not quite what I was expecting... but as long as you don't use the exact same sprites AND names from Kanon then it could be pretty good.
    Of course we won't use images and names from Kanon. I used them only to test the program!
    Last edited by tgyet; July 31st, 2008 at 09:13.

Thread Information