Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP v1.51 - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for the PSP

Blog Entries

psp PicoDrive for PSP v1.51 - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for the PSP

Notaz has released an update to his Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for the PSP, heres the release info:

July 17 update: 1.51 bugfix release:
    Improved bin_to_cso_mp3 tool, it should no longer complain about missing lame.exe even if it's in working dir.
    Fixed a regression from 1.50, which caused slowdowns in Final Fight.
    Fixed some regressions from 1.50 related to sprite limit and palette handling (caused graphical glitches in some games).
    Added ABC turbo actions to key config.
    Some other minor adjustments.

Download Here and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

thank you author, this is one fine piece

Dear Notaz

thanks for an excellent release..

Im getting MASSIVE glitches on Planet Heck on Earthworm Jim Special Edition.

other than that.. its perfect so far.

I wish this would also include 32x someday

DCEmu Legend

psp Great release!

Quote Originally Posted by noname1 View Post
    I wish this would also include 32x someday
    Actually, regarding the gp2x, I believe Notaz stated 32x support has already started but there was more to do. However, he was moving on to another project for now. Like I said, this pertains to the gp2x so I'm not sure if it would work with the PSP as well.

I have tried this newest release and I'm very impressed. The cso/mp3 converter that is included does an incredible job.

We are all definitely very lucky that Notaz and those who helped and assisted along the way created this excellent emulator for the PSP.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal Machine View Post
    Im getting MASSIVE glitches on Planet Heck on Earthworm Jim Special Edition.
    What kind of glitches? EWJ works fine for me. If you are getting wrong music, it means you have a bad rip.

EDIT: If by "Planet Heck" you mean the second level then it works fine too (just finished it), try another rip.
    Last edited by notaz; July 19th, 2008 at 13:35.

Does the PSP have SVP chip support yet? I don't ever remember seeing it released, I may have missed a few updates however.

Anyway, 32x emulation has always been y most wanted requestion in Megadrive emulation. I still can't believe I'm playing Sonic CD on my PSP too. =P

This is great news, but has their been a fix for dark wizard sega cd yet? I keep freezing in towns or whenever I try to access anything from the main battle menu other than save.
    Ohh and yes I have tried multiple bios and settings.

cheers if anyone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by ojdon View Post
    Does the PSP have SVP chip support yet? I don't ever remember seeing it released, I may have missed a few updates however.

Anyway, 32x emulation has always been y most wanted requestion in Megadrive emulation. I still can't believe I'm playing Sonic CD on my PSP too. =P
    read the readme... this is the 1st emu that can play virtua racing... and they said Sega CD and GBA was impossible... not to mention N64...mwahahahaha

da relic

Hi notaz,
    i've found a bug in latest picodrive 1.51a
    At least the german version of Landstalker (didn't test any other) isn't playable anymore. It hangs right in the intro when Nigel (or Niels how he's called in the german version) is escaping from the big rolling stone. Theres supposed to be a scene change but the display stays black and the music keeps playing. And also with accurate render there's a graphical glitch with the rolling stone while with fast render there isn't. Shouldn't it be the other way round!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information