Thread: Pakistan-India Earthquake Relief Effort

Blog Entries

Default Pakistan-India Earthquake Relief Effort

Saqib, our good friend and author of PCSX2, has asked of us to help in the Pakistan relief effort. Saqib was born and lives in Pakistan. Many of his family friends have been killed from this earthquake which killed 20,000-30,000+ people. Every little donation helps, so if you feel you could contribute, please use the donation button below (Paypal):

All the money collected from this relief effort will be sent to Saqib's bank to donate to the country. Even a dollar might mean an entire meal for a family for 2 days! This news post will be "sticky" and always show on top of Emulation64 during the effort. Please view the text file below for more donation options.

:: Additional ways of donating
    The Emulation64 Network offers you free hosting!
    Click here for details and contact info!

Hmm... donating is definately a good idea, but I don't think it's a good idea to "donate" directly into someones bank account. I'll probably give money to UNICEF instead.

Yes i have the same idea of TyBO, =( I give something to UNICEF
    Sorry really, this are the true horrors of the world =°| peace at all.

DCEmu Rookie

i am a pakistani, but all my relatives are safe..

UNICEF needs to pay its workers, but if you pay some1 like saqib, all of it could directly go to the people who need it most! maybe he is planning to go there and help so he can deliver the money personally

The amount of money that UNICEF needs to give to it's workers is minimal, since the workers aren't trying to make money. UNICEF just pays for the food, transportation costs, etc.

I'd bet Saqib does have good intentions, and will probably give money to those who need it, but there's still a small chance that he won't. I'd feel safer giving to UNICEF.

Thread Information