Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Major" PS3 Exclusive To Be Announced In August?

Blog Entries

ps3 "Major" PS3 Exclusive To Be Announced In August?

The PlayStation Lifestyle blog promises that on August 3rd, a "MAJOR" PlayStation 3 exclusive will be announced that makes MAG, Killzone 2 and inFAMOUS look like "NOTHING" (yes, the author seems to like all-caps).

The blog also says it'll offer three hints on Saturday, July 26th, stressing that it is a "new" PlayStation 3 "exclusive." In this case, it's the author, not I, who put those words in quotes — does that make anyone else a little leery?

Right now, all that's up in the post is a reminder that the announcement is unrelated to Square Enix's event over the same August date. Uh, oo-kay? Oh yeah, and they've got three words listed, all of them crossed out with strikethrough:

http://kotaku.com/5028244/major-ps3-...nced-in-august

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    The PlayStation Lifestyle blog promises that on August 3rd, a "MAJOR" PlayStation 3 exclusive will be announced that makes MAG, Killzone 2 and inFAMOUS look like "NOTHING"
    They are nothing so they aren't that hard to beat, wont be too bothered unless its something as good as MGS4.

your freakin kidding me right, killzone 2 so far looks pretty farkin good.

Quote Originally Posted by lmtlmt View Post
    your freakin kidding me right, killzone 2 so far looks pretty farkin good.
    The graphics look good but other than that it looks like your usual COD4/Halo run of the mill shooter.

I recon its a Dark Knight ps3 game Otherwise its the only modern hero film not to be turned into a game It must be hope hope

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

MAG and inFAMOUS look good/interesting, but I just don't get all the hype over Killzone 2, since the first one was hyped up so much (halo killer? ) and turn out to be bad/average (70 on meta critic). Yeah the graphics were great but the game played so badly.

And now everyone is saying it going to be great because the graphics are good? I just don't get it.

DCEmu Regular

Maybe it's a new Parrappa! Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!....

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69 View Post
    MAG and inFAMOUS look good/interesting, but I just don't get all the hype over Killzone 2, since the first one was hyped up so much (halo killer? ) and turn out to be bad/average (70 on meta critic). Yeah the graphics were great but the game played so badly.

And now everyone is saying it going to be great because the graphics are good? I just don't get it.
    So are you saying they can't learn from their mistakes? It was the first game ever made by Guerrilla Games and was decent enough. If you've played Killzone Liberation you'd know that they have done better with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    So are you saying they can't learn from their mistakes? It was the first game ever made by Guerrilla Games and was decent enough. If you've played Killzone Liberation you'd know that they have done better with the game.
    Killzone does get a disproportionate amount of hype.
    Perhaps that is where all the comparisons with Halo come from.

I only hope that there is more variety in the environments. The first gameplay demo was great, solid paced, gritty, gory war. The latest footage is much less impressive.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

I'm not saying they can't make a good game, what I'm saying why so much (ps3 fans) hype to a sequel to an average (bad? ) game? If Blinx sequel was coming to the Xbox 360, I would not be expecting it to be a great game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information