via Computer and Video Games

Although Sony says Home is "on schedule" for autumn, we wouldn't bet your life on it as big Kaz has iterated that "it doesn't matter when we launch."

While offering a reminder of his apology for the twice-delayed online networking service, Hirai made clear:

"I'd much rather make sure we take the time to have a great service rather than rush something into the market - only for consumers to say: 'This is not enough for me.'

"I want to avoid that. If we have the right service, it doesn't matter when we launch - so long as it's in a reasonable timeframe," he added.

He doesn't care for rip-offs trying to steal Home's thunder either. "Whether our competitors decide to follow what we've done with Home or not follow us, that's up to them. Given the fact that I've delayed the launch of Home twice - for which I've apologised - I think I've done it for a very good reason, and that's because I want to bring the very best service possible to consumers around the world.

"We're very confident in when we do launch the open Beta service, it's something that will really resonate with the consumers," a confident Hirai told MCV.

After waiting this long, we hope he's right.